Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   What uniform does Capt. Shon wear? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258709)

Archived Post 03-04-2012 09:36 AM

What uniform does Capt. Shon wear?

Hi all! I have looked through the tailor's options to locate the uniform coat that is worn by Captain Shon (Andorian captain appearing in several different missions) and I can't find it. Is this a uniform that needs to be unlocked somehow? I am asking because I have not been able to find anything on it in the forums, and this is the only other uniforms I like from the game setting's time frame.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Archived Post 03-04-2012 10:01 AM

Jupiter Uniform Packs :)

Archived Post 03-04-2012 10:15 AM

I thought so too, but none of the 5 variants of the uniform coat matches what he wears. Take notice of the jacket design in the area where his rank is. I can not find this uniform jacket variant anywhere in my options, including by viewing options that I can purchase but not yet own at the tailor. That is why I was asking if it is something I need to unlock, i.e. Diplomatic uniforms.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzittuya
I thought so too, but none of the 5 variants of the uniform coat matches what he wears. Take notice of the jacket design in the area where his rank is. I can not find this uniform jacket variant anywhere in my options, including by viewing options that I can purchase but not yet own at the tailor. That is why I was asking if it is something I need to unlock, i.e. Diplomatic uniforms.

Judging by the buckle -- it's the 500-day veteran reward Jupiter Variant uniform.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 10:34 AM

:eek: OK, you are correct. it is indeed the 500 day veteran reward variant. Which bites because I just started playing and would need to wait 1.5 years to obtain it. Thank you very much for the help though I do appreciate it.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 10:34 AM

Yes, it's the "Jupiter Veteran" variant.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneemann (Post 4066877)

Cool, good thing I have this variant already. ;)

Archived Post 03-04-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneemann (Post 4066877)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doblinian (Post 4066885)
Cool, good thing I have this variant already. ;)

And they say we vets don't get anything.

Now is there ever going to be one of those guides to know how to make all the versions of that type of uni all the NPC we see using it are wearing?

Archived Post 03-04-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 (Post 4066935)
And they say we vets don't get anything.

This would have been a nice reward if we hadn't to go to the cstore and buy the regular pack to get 5 of the 7 vet jacket variants ("variant" = 4th color fixed to silver) and all the other parts to have a complete vet Jupiter uniform. ;)

Archived Post 03-04-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 (Post 4066935)
Now is there ever going to be one of those guides to know how to make all the versions of that type of uni all the NPC we see using it are wearing?

I know Blackavaar has a guide for various uniforms in all three division colors. He does guides for uniforms from actual series and guides for matching the Cryptic made uniforms such as the Jupiter series to what they appear as when worn by NPCs. Go to the first page of his thread, click on the link to the appropriate post, and it will have all the variants of that particular uniform. I believe the Jupiter uniform has their own post while the other 25th Century uniforms are in another, much earlier post. His thread is stickied so it is always on the top of the Academy forums somewhere.