Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Can you get another Jem'Hadar boff if you used the first one to train? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258728)

Archived Post 03-04-2012 11:29 AM

Can you get another Jem'Hadar boff if you used the first one to train?
 
Just as the title says. If I use this boff to train another of my boffs, can I replay and get another one? Some in chat say no, some say yes, and that means I have to go to the forums for the real answer :)

Before I commit him to either my crew or training for my crew, I need to know.

I'm going to post this in The Academy instead and request that this gets locked or deleted. I think it's more appropriate to ask questions there.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 12:46 PM

Yes. You just have to run the mission again.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
Yes. You just have to run the mission again.

Are you sure... the second time I ran the mission, I did not have a jemmy as a reward option

Archived Post 03-04-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 4067065)
Are you sure... the second time I ran the mission, I did not have a jemmy as a reward option

I had the option to get it a second time and I had the Boff join my crew, but when I clicked on it again it said already have max number cannont claim another (or something to that effect). I know you cannot get the doffs after the first run.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtSmith
I had the option to get it a second time and I had the Boff join my crew, but when I clicked on it again it said already have max number cannont claim another (or something to that effect). I know you cannot get the doffs after the first run.

Ditto.

This means that if you plan to use the BOFF reward to 'train' one its skills, you can't if you already chose him as a reward and clicked 'Join'.

Your only option then would be to 'dismiss' him, do the mission again, claim him to 'train' one of your crew, do the mission again and then claim him again to 'join'.) That's how the Reman BOFF worked too.

So the answer you are looking for is 'Yes' you can (if this BOFF is just like the Breen and Reman BOFFs from the previous series).

Archived Post 03-04-2012 01:46 PM

So long as you dismiss him you can replay and get another? I figured that was the case but some people said you can't use new ones if you've already used your first.

So I need to use him to train first, then replay and have the next one join my crew, if I want to do both.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uryenserellont
So long as you dismiss him you can replay and get another? I figured that was the case but some people said you can't use new ones if you've already used your first.

So I need to use him to train first, then replay and have the next one join my crew, if I want to do both.

Yes, thatīs correct. I just did that. :)

Archived Post 03-04-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur1
Yes, thatīs correct. I just did that. :)

Fantastic! :)

So it does work the same as the other FE reward BOFFs.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 04:49 PM

Out of curiosity, what ability does he have that would justify using him to train an existing BO rather than keeping him and avoiding having to re-run a rather annoying episode? Is it just a cosmetic or RP thing?

Archived Post 03-04-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorphius
Out of curiosity, what ability does he have that would justify using him to train an existing BO rather than keeping him and avoiding having to re-run a rather annoying episode? Is it just a cosmetic or RP thing?

Torpedo Spread 3. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:28 AM.