Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Returner, advice needed. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258912)

Archived Post 03-05-2012 07:15 AM

Returner, advice needed.

Hello guys,

i played sto the first month when it was released and then decided to not subscribe. Now that the game is d2p i wanted to try it out again.

When i played it them time ago I created a klingo as soon a I could and started pvp'ing (my main playfield in mmos). I created a tactical, got an bird of prey and had some fun.

What I'm looking now for are some tips (game is still downloading).

Is there any other career I should choose for mainly pvp'ing?
What should I look for when I'm starting to play again? Are there any 'must haves' or some kind of thing?
Some kind of good 'noobguide to pvp leveling as klingon' somewhere? :)

Any kind of input is appreciated!

Thx in advance.

Archived Post 03-05-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krruuszh
Hello guys,

i played sto the first month when it was released and then decided to not subscribe. Now that the game is d2p i wanted to try it out again.

When i played it them time ago I created a klingo as soon a I could and started pvp'ing (my main playfield in mmos). I created a tactical, got an bird of prey and had some fun.

What I'm looking now for are some tips (game is still downloading).

Is there any other career I should choose for mainly pvp'ing?
What should I look for when I'm starting to play again? Are there any 'must haves' or some kind of thing?
Some kind of good 'noobguide to pvp leveling as klingon' somewhere? :)

Any kind of input is appreciated!

Thx in advance.

First off, welcome back! If you're interested in Klingon gameplay, the first thing you should know is that you will be boosted to Commander level (20) immediately (they have removed levels 5-19 on the KDF for the time being). If you're using your original account, you should be able to begin immediately where you left off. If not, you will have to play on the Federation side until level 24 to unlock the KDF faction.

There are various item sets that can be quite powerful and useful. Many of these are endgame level, so only the Breen and Jem'Hadar space sets will be available for Commanders and Captains. Ground combat got an upgrade last year and should be much more fast-paced than at launch -- weapons are more differentiated now on ground and have different ranges.

The best items can be found through the episodes (and you can replay them at higher ranks to get higher Mk versions), the exchange, or crafting (which has also been revamped since launch).

Leveling is much faster than at launch and as such, you'll be a general fairly quickly. If you are really serious about perfecting your build, there are some PvPers who are much more knowledgeable on all the ins and outs and many would be happy to help. Have fun and qapla'!