Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Human Mandatory Traits - Any Good? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=259180)

Archived Post 03-06-2012 02:27 PM

Human Mandatory Traits - Any Good?
 
Hey, folks. I was wondering if the human "mandatory" traits of Leadership and Teamwork are any good.

At first I thought they were really awesome-sounding. 20% boosts to repairs are nothing to scoff at, I could tell that as a brand new player. However, as a new (but no longer brand new) player, I can also say that I'm wondering how much benefit I'm going to be getting from these, particularly Leadership. It sounds like, from the forum comments, that the only benefit to Leadership is passive hull repairs, and those in general aren't that great in battle (especially when your crew gets kicked in the face whenever the ship is slightly nudged by an enemy).

This is a bit important to me, as I've got four Tactical toons I've put together (power-leveled them for the Odyssey mission), and two are human and two are alien, and I'm trying to decide which one to actually use. I'd like them to be human, but I'd rather not waste 1-2 trait slots, especially since I could probably just make the toon look human, set him Alien, and say he has a grandparent that was an alien or something.

Thanks for any help!

Archived Post 03-06-2012 02:38 PM

The leadership trait never worked...at all. Has that changed maybe ? :o

Archived Post 03-06-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur1
The leadership trait never worked...at all. Has that changed maybe ? :o

I had heard that the Leadership trait worked for toons. I had also heard that Leadership had problems (if not complete lack of function) on BOffs, though.

I'm particularly hoping for some input on this one, since this seems to be the better of the human mandatory traits... if it actually works.

Archived Post 03-07-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_1999
I had heard that the Leadership trait worked for toons. I had also heard that Leadership had problems (if not complete lack of function) on BOffs, though.

I'm particularly hoping for some input on this one, since this seems to be the better of the human mandatory traits... if it actually works.

difference in (tooltip reported)repair speed between having 4 human boffs and none is flat 0. Working as intended

Archived Post 03-07-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hetec
difference in (tooltip reported)repair speed between having 4 human boffs and none is flat 0. Working as intended

That's good to know, since I was considering picking up a human BOff. I probably won't now.

What about leadership for the captain?

Archived Post 03-08-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_1999

What about leadership for the captain?

Not good Alien FTW

Archived Post 03-11-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur1
The leadership trait never worked...at all. Has that changed maybe ? :o

I checked with my "candidate" tactical officers. It seems that leadership DOES work for hull regeneration.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 PM.