Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Newcomer to KDF (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=259198)

Archived Post 03-06-2012 05:10 PM

Newcomer to KDF

greetings to all! first of all, excuse my poor english, is not my native language most parts are self learned hehe.. well, to the point....

a few days ago i made my first KDF officer (im F2P), i just LOVE my BoP, she is like a Navy Seal Sniper with a Barrett!.... in my FED officer i use a Sovvy (TAC), in KDF im an (ENG), i have read a few BoP build guides, and i was thinking to use Disruptor DHC, and Disruptor Beam arrays, with that combo i can have beam overload, and rapid fire... and i want to use some torpedo (i need an advice here) to use the high yield (all that combined with their own consoles, and buff)

i decided to use that kind of combo because i need to deliver as much damage i can do in very short time, and of course when im uncloacked be well protected relatively...

what do you think?

thx in advance, and again sorry my poor english!

Archived Post 03-06-2012 08:54 PM

Welcome:) As far as torpedos goes I personally like quantums since they pack a punch, although I believe Photons have a somewhat lower cooldown.
The tac consoles should focus on + disruptor damage since that will be your main weapons, so avoid +kinetic/ +projectile-consoles.

I am currently investigating an all torpedo BoP, aka a torpedo boat, and I have been yielding some success.

Welcome to the KDF, may you live and die in honor:) Enjoy:)

Archived Post 03-06-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
Welcome:) As far as torpedos goes I personally like quantums since they pack a punch, although I believe Photons have a somewhat lower cooldown.
The tac consoles should focus on + disruptor damage since that will be your main weapons, so avoid +kinetic/ +projectile-consoles.

I am currently investigating an all torpedo BoP, aka a torpedo boat, and I have been yielding some success.

Welcome to the KDF, may you live and die in honor:) Enjoy:)

thx for the reply!, i guess with a torp boat, you have kinentic consoles... what torps are you using? i think using HYT, when i melt the shields of the target (NPC or Human Fed xD) whit the disruptor cannons and beam bank, i think thats the general idea... im planning using disruptors always... i have AP beams in my fed...

Archived Post 03-06-2012 10:50 PM

I run my Tac in the refitted BOP (she is LT. General). All weapons are disruptor energy. In the fore section I run Dual Beam Bank, 2 cannons and 1 photon torp. In the aft section I run 2 turret cannons.

As the turn rate for the BOP's is incredible (especially IMHO, the Bre'el). I'm almost always able to come back around for a full out attack on enemies. And with the turrets I still have 2 extra guns trained on the enemy. (i'm also a big fan of using the Automated Defense Turret, but not sure it's still available for new players) and this gives me an extra shot for taking out incoming heavy torps or mines.

If you want to take advantage of your engineer class, and this is entirely up to you, I would move over to cruisers as they are more accomodating for that class. Qa'pla!

Archived Post 03-07-2012 12:21 AM

I was using 3 rapid reload transphasic torpedos acquired from the Breen mission Cold comfort or cold call, can't remember, and then I used the Breen transphasic cluster launcher. I am changing this outfit though to 4 different torpedos since I couldn't spam the RR's as much as I would have wanted. We have a discussion about torp bops in this thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=258010

I will be running with 1 quantum, one hargh'peng, one breen cluster and then my bio-neural warhead. And yes, kinetic consoles are the only ones logical with this setup. The 2 aft weapons I haven't decided on yet, perhaps a chroniton to screw up the enemies turn rate.

The trick is not to use any cannons or beams, in our +1 b'rel BoP we can fire while cloaked, but only torps. The idea is to stay cloaked as long as possible and hit & run.

Archived Post 03-07-2012 06:30 AM

I think it all depends what you will do with your BoPÖ I assume you are going to do both PvP and PvE (so I am trying to give a configuration good for both), I would go with 3 DHC and one Dbl Beam Bank in front and either 2 beams (try having a mix of acc and crth combination) in back or one beam and one torp. Since you are an engi, you will lack the tac burst damage and the only way to compensate would be through Beam Overload, this is why I would go with a front DBB and Beam(s) back. I would also have 2 BO3 Boffs (you need to buy those from Exchange - if you dont have the energy credits now, wait till you do, they definitely worth). Use nad inversion and eps (your engi class specific abilities) in tandem with a tractor beam (it will greatly help in not missing the target with beam overload)and beam overload. This combo is a killer when you use it right and have at least 6 levels in Weapon Proficiency to increase your crits (and it is not my idea to be honest, it is Husanakís but I know it is a killer, lol). Good part as an engi is that you wonít need so many heals as a tac, so I would have the following layout as BOffs:
Commander(tac): TT1, CRF1 , BO3, APO3
Lt Commander(tac): TT1, CRF1/Torp Spread2 in case you use torps, BO3
Lt (sci):Haz/Pol Hull (in case you find yourself tractored too much), Tractor beam2/Haz2
Lt(Eng):EPS1, Eps2/Aux To Struct1
* if you dont have BO3 officers yet, swap CRF1 with BO2 and BO3 with CRF2.

If you decide to use torps, I would go with chronitron, they slow pretty darn well and you can use your beam overload better (accuracy increases since lower speed decreases defense). Your point is to slow the target as much as you can, then hit it with cannons and beam overloads. Another tip from Husanak is this: Since Beam overloads share a global 15 sec cooldown, you activate first BO3, wait 15 secs (this way the second BO3 exits global cooldown), hit fire beams, then immediately hit BO3 again and fire your second BO3 (so in few seconds you have fired 2 BO3, which is pretty mean). If you have your nad inv, EPS(this ensures your power level stays high in between firing the Beam Overloads) and tractor on target, itís a guaranteed kill. To do that though, you may need another key bind for fire beams, to make sure they donít fire with cannons. Also, donít forget to bind the power settings to something you can switch fast, for example when you are cloaked, stay on max Aux to avoid detection (so switch between attack and aux).

Try this, if you donít like it, then donít use it. Its all about what you like, not what ppl say. I would also advice you (if not too late) to get a tac in a bop, the damage you deal is much better. Even a sci is better in a BoP than an engi, not that I have anything against engis, but thatís my opinion. Sci can subnuke you and wipe out all buffs you have so far, use sensor scan, photonic fleet, etc, and I know at least couple awesome sci captains in BoPs.

I would also try getting my hands on some play to win consoles, such as plasmonic leach Ė that gives you insane power bonuses when speced in Flow Capacitors and have some consoles equipped (20+ per each level), theta is great for StFs (almost insta kill an elite cube in combination with your BO3s Ė remember, theta is more efficient at max aux) and is great also in PvP Ė you may have some folks cursing you for using it though, lol. Also, I would not advise for using torps heavily unless you are flying a brel retro. Energy weapons do by far more damage. Hope this helps!