Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   AFK Farming Kerrat (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=259593)

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:12 PM

AFK Farming Kerrat

What is with all the people sitting in Kerrat AFK Farming Dil? Better yet why has this mission not been completely removed from the game until it can be re-worked to not allow for AFK farming. Also WHY are you Klingons attacking people trying to do the mission and not rolling these AFK farmers over and over. I swear if it's not one stupid thing it's another. Remove this mission already it's horribly broken. Make some kind of penalty for being ganked in Open FvF while your at it so we can deal with the farmers if you won't.

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:14 PM

Ganked and Open PVP don't mix. KDF make Karrat fun.

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lothandros
What is with all the people sitting in Kerrat AFK Farming Dil? Better yet why has this mission not been completely removed from the game until it can be re-worked to not allow for AFK farming. Also WHY are you Klingons attacking people trying to do the mission and not rolling these AFK farmers over and over. I swear if it's not one stupid thing it's another. Remove this mission already it's horribly broken. Make some kind of penalty for being ganked in Open FvF while your at it so we can deal with the farmers if you won't.

I have farmed Kerrat but not while AFK. If there are no KDF, I try to complete the mission. If there are, I take popshots. It can be fun.

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Why do the farmers bother you? And, would killing the AFK players not be farming too?

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:21 PM

The are not enough Klingons entering the War Zone to win the objective, we can enter, try to cloak and sit it out whilst drinking tea, or we can shoot stuff up. That's if we're not set upon immediately upon the match starting by ridiculous overwhelming numbers.

I prefer shooting stuff up, and the motivation to do so just rises exponentially when the 6 or 7 Fed ships that have spawned feet from you open fire as soon as they see a Klingon ship there at the start. That motivates the hell out of you to tear them up later and obstruct them winning as much as possible :P

The only fixes needed to Ker'rat is seperate spawn zones for Klingons & Federation ships, and more Klingon ships participating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Ganked and Open PVP don't mix. KDF make Karrat fun.

Oh and this too :D

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

This is literally the worst post.

KDF stopping kerrat mission completion stops afk farmers. Feds are the ones feeding the afk farmers by completing it. Stop pveing in kerrat and pvp instead, there is no fix needed with player enforcement.

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vespya
The only fixes needed to Ker'rat is seperate spawn zones for Klingons & Federation ships, and more Klingon ships participating.

I'd consider that the main fix, the other minor problem is the Borg getting stuck inside other objects.

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HedgeWood
I'd consider that the main fix, the other minor problem is the Borg getting stuck inside other objects.

Indeed :P

I think the Borg assimilated Cryptics server farm and are finally learning that actions have consequences. ;) :P

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Also WHY are you Klingons attacking people trying to do the mission and not rolling these AFK farmers over and over.

Because the active feds protect them and smack in zone chat about how we're dishonorable for attacking AFK people. That's why.

I do drop aceton assimilators on them though, for those who have 'auto-target attacking objects' and 'automatically fire all beams' set to true, then sit back and watch the infinately amusing light show. Also some of the less capable pilots on the KDF side can't easily get out of the persistant 6-ship blockade of our spawn.

Archived Post 03-08-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

People are always going to AFK that particular zone unless Cryptic changes the way it works. Blowing them up doesn't accomplish anything since they still will get the dilithium reward through 3 rounds even if they do not respawn.

Insofar as "interfering" with the opposite faction trying to complete the objective? Hey, it is a PvP zone first and foremost, there are plenty of ways to farm dilithium ATK in PvE scenarios/instances for those who do not like it.