Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   insulators (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=259701)

Archived Post 03-08-2012 08:43 PM

insulators

just tested insulators, form what ive seen, still broke.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Shelby-Sensation
just tested insulators, form what ive seen, still broke.

What a surprise :D

Archived Post 03-09-2012 06:33 AM

Not exactly shocked here.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 06:57 AM

im surprised the PVE community hasnt brought this up the Breen must be giving them a whoopin. Where are the PvE testers?!!?!?!??!?!?!?

Archived Post 03-09-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicshower
im surprised the PVE community hasnt brought this up the Breen must be giving them a whoopin. Where are the PvE testers?!!?!?!??!?!?!?

Possibly changing keyboards, their spacebar is broken, and thats the primary button they use. Others are W S D A, but they said mouse is enough to controll.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 07:05 AM

Here are the results of pveer testing

fijdskol
[wer
okjlijko;f.;/'
bgd
awfiro[j;!!!!

Archived Post 03-09-2012 08:34 AM

I had tested this w/another player last night. I used a turret, DHC, and DBB using disrupter DBB and polaron turret & DHC. The tet glider does hit side facings, and I was draining 78/facing per shot. I turret volley = 4 shots, 1 DBB volley = 4 shots, 1 DHC volley = 2 shots.

I got 78/facing by Astrometrics +10, 26x3 consoles, 24 deflector, 99 SP investment for 212 in Flow Caps @ 125 weapon power. The player subbed in various power insulator consoles and it made no difference to the damage to the side shield facings. There was no difference between a crit hit and a normal hit in terms of tet glider damage.

We didn't test how many volleys/skill (eg FaW CRF CVS). But this shows why this is so effective on ships using beams & faw as a team. Also, we didn't check to see if any captain powers reduce the tet glider damage.

Edit: We also didn't test w/different shields.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamid
I had tested this w/another player last night. I used a turret, DHC, and DBB using disrupter DBB and polaron turret & DHC. The tet glider does hit side facings, and I was draining 78/facing per shot. I turret volley = 4 shots, 1 DBB volley = 4 shots, 1 DHC volley = 2 shots.

I got 78/facing by Astrometrics +10, 26x3 consoles, 24 deflector, 99 SP investment for 212 in Flow Caps @ 125 weapon power. The player subbed in various power insulator consoles and it made no difference to the damage to the side shield facings. There was no difference between a crit hit and a normal hit in terms of tet glider damage.

We didn't test how many volleys/skill (eg FaW CRF CVS). But this shows why this is so effective on ships using beams & faw as a team. Also, we didn't check to see if any captain powers reduce the tet glider damage.

So. the Fix need to get fixed, then after a weak the fixfix need to be fixed, and then the other things that broke because fixfix, need to get fixed. Thats the cryptic way...ughh

Archived Post 03-09-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamid

If you were just reading your weapon readout on your own ship this is wrong, someone else specing into insulators won't change your readout.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
If you were just reading your weapon readout on your own ship this is wrong, someone else specing into insulators won't change your readout.

Nope, it was damage to his/her side shield facings w/various levels of power insulator consoles.