Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Season 5 Dev Blog #30 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=259887)

Archived Post 03-09-2012 04:40 PM

Season 5 Dev Blog #30

We've picked up a subspace communication containing a Personal Log from Captain Kurland and posted it in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

By tomorrow the station will be ours again, or we will lose it forever.
Pretty obvious that it'll be ours again. :rolleyes: :p

Sort of kills the point of these little messages...we know the outcome already.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad (Post 4082273)
Pretty obvious that it'll be ours again. :rolleyes: :p

Sort of kills the point of these little messages...we know the outcome already.

....... or do we?

:p

Archived Post 03-09-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelmor_Branon
....... or do we?

:p

Guess it's just me then that knows the outcome. :p

Archived Post 03-09-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad (Post 4082283)
Guess it's just me then that knows the outcome. :p

Nah, I was just ... hoping? ... I guess :D

At least we all get another bone to chew on for a bit :rolleyes:

Archived Post 03-09-2012 05:28 PM

My prediction: we attempt to retake DS9, fail, so we plant charges on critical sections (EVA part), somehow manage to wipe out the Dominion Fleet when DS9 goes. The prophets, grateful for our protection of Bajor, provide a new Orb (of Possibilities), which is used to bring over a duplicate DS9. The sheer size if the station brought over shatters the orb, and we all get shards :)

Least that's my prediction.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 05:30 PM

Not like losing the battle means Feds would just throw up their hands and give up on DS9.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 05:49 PM

" life on a Defiant "

A Defiant? Was this supposed to be "the Defiant" or "a Defiant class starship"? Because it looks a little wrong to me.

That said, I liked the personal log. Really liked the Karen NPC too. I'm curious how this will play out in the end. Naturally I can't wait to see how we get onto the outside of the station.

Archived Post 03-09-2012 06:30 PM

Why does Cryptic keep teasing us this this ..

Quote:

Poker night at Vic's won't be the same without her.
There is no Vic and there is no Poker :rolleyes:

Archived Post 03-09-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardoc
My prediction: we attempt to retake DS9, fail, so we plant charges on critical sections (EVA part), somehow manage to wipe out the Dominion Fleet when DS9 goes. The prophets, grateful for our protection of Bajor, provide a new Orb (of Possibilities), which is used to bring over a duplicate DS9. The sheer size if the station brought over shatters the orb, and we all get shards :)

Least that's my prediction.

Except for the fact that the Orb of Possibilities isn't new. Getting a shard doesn't have to mean the Orb has been destroyed or anything either.

One way or the other, I can just about guarantee you that they won't be destroying DS9, even if they would be potentially replacing it with an exact duplicate.

Though I don't deny there's a strong possibility of the first part of your prediction - the planting of charges part. I mean, I kinda doubt it, but there's still a strong possibility - but those charges won't be detonated if they are planted I'm betting.

Besides, it's stated pretty clearly that we're being sent over with the changeling to negotiate for the transfer of the station back to Federation control. I'm expecting the current occupiers simply are in denial of the current reality enough that they refuse anyone entry to the station, locking out the airlocks and such. Thus necessitating EVA suits to board the station.

Realistically though, I just thought I'd offer my best guess; I'm not trying to make a solid prediction here, I have no interest in doing such a thing.