Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Spawn of Medusa V - Defeat the Evil (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=259969)

Archived Post 03-10-2012 08:08 AM

Spawn of Medusa V - Defeat the Evil - by Duke-of-Rock

Greetings friends,

I have finally completed and published the finale to my Spawn of Medusa Series. If you have been playing the Series, give it a go when you get a chance. the final is strong enough to stand on its' own, but it will make more sense if you have played the Series and are familiar with the story Arc. I hope you give it a go.

Title: Spawn of Medusa V
Author: Duke-of-Rock
Mission ID: ST-HLGHMMMID
Allegiance: Federation
Level: 16+

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...feat-the-evil/

Happy Hunting! :)

Archived Post 03-10-2012 11:02 AM

Congratulations!

Congratulations on completing your superb story arc!

Archived Post 03-13-2012 10:07 PM

Mission Critique Report - Spawn of Medusa V

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke-of-Rock (Post 3815947)
[color="White"]I
Hi Brian,

I finally got part 5 published last night at long last. Seemed to be rocking pretty good this morning. Anyway, it's finally done and out. Quite a bit more combat than any of the rest, but then again, it is the battle for the quadrant. Hope you like it when you get a chance to play it. Looking forward to more from you as well. See ya soon.

* Spawn of Medusa V
* Duke-of-Rock
* Level: 16+
* Federation

Craig aka: Duke-of-Rock

Federation Mission - Spawn of Medusa V
Author: Duke-of-Rock
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HLGHMMMID

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission and a good wrap up to the series. The story dialog is very well written and served to draw me into the mission. The battles were tough but a good challenge and fun to fight. If you like a great story combined with excellent map design and good tough battles then this mission is for you. You will enjoy this mission.

I mentioned on the “Julip System” map that it seemed to need more. While I continued the rest of the mission I thought more about this item. Consider combining the “Argus Array - The Destruction” map and the “Julip System” map into one map. You could then use the "Weather Starstreaks WestEast 01" effect to simulate warping to the other system. I recommend this as a means of alleviating the item I identified on the “Julip System” concerning the minimum dialogue versus the need for another map change.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description with intriguing details and good authors notes letting the player know what they are about to get into. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialog. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: Since the actual start location is on ESD as indicated in the description but not the grant dialogue, consider adding it to the mission task. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is an okay use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Sol System: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The "Admiral Williamson" dialogue; consider changing "We also heve a report" to read "We also have a report".

Argus Array: This is a great map design with good, tough but not impossible battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Argus Array Maintenance Core: This is a good map design and the battles are very tough but not impossible. The story dialogue is okay I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Argus Array - The Destruction: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Julip System: The design itself is very well done. The story dialogue was good but a little short to justify a whole map. You should consider adding some additional dialogue to this map although I am not sure what more you could add to the story here.

Julip Prime: This is a very detailed and good map design. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The "inspect the first squad formation" task needs a little adjustment. Consider shrinking the trigger area or adding a hidden interact object to trigger the dialogue. I barely go to the troops before the dialogue trigger tripped my Tactical BOFF telling me how "battle ready" they looked.
-The use of the response button "Continue" at the end of the "Commander Tyoppis" dialogue seemed odd. Consider changing it to "Carry on Commander" or something along those lines. The other use of the response button "Continue" worked with the dialogue.

L'Rok Gerrol System: This is a good map design and great battles. The story dialogue is outstanding. The task indicating there was 6/6 enemy engagements that apparently happened before I arrived in the system are interesting and nicely done. At first I was thinking how the heck did that happen? I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The Medusa ships are more than 20 Km below the Meltoran ships. Is this intentional?

L'Rok Gerrol: This is a good map design. The story dialog is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider moving Captain T'Kowr to just the other side of the tower to ensure she is not in the fight at all. Did you have her on top of the rock next to the tower? If not you could try that spot as it overlooks the battle field.

Medusik Prime System: This is a good map design. I am not sure if there really was a battle or if this was another task trick you did here. The battle appeared to be over when I arrived, 6/6 enemy engagements that apparently happened before I arrived in the system are interesting and nicely done. The story detail is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Imperial Chamber: This is a nice wrap up mission map design. The story dialog is great. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this story and the entire series. This whole series was a rollercoaster ride with twists and turns that kept the story riveting from start to finish.
Brian

This critique report also filed 03/13/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.

Archived Post 03-26-2012 12:13 PM

Hey Duke, wanted to let you know that I played your mission and liked it, and I also recorded my playthrough!

Part 1: http://youtu.be/hXKubUWqTDg
Part 2: http://youtu.be/2gFrAFy8g5k

Thanks for making it!

RE

Archived Post 04-04-2012 10:37 AM

Awesome Series

Hi Duke of Rock,

Just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed part 5 and the entire Spawn of Medusa series. I hope you'll have some more missions out soon. I look forward to playing them. Great job on the finale and a neat twist to end the story. :)