Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Vor'cha > Vor'cha Retrofit / Negh'var (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260470)

Archived Post 03-12-2012 12:43 PM

Vor'cha > Vor'cha Retrofit / Negh'var

Short of the additional Tactical Officer, Higher Ranking Engineering Officers and Console additions, in addition to the general stats (of which are no doubt improved) are there any additional paint work on pattern-work for the Vor'cha Retrofit that isn't already on the standard Vor'cha?

I'm a Captain at the moment (#31), currently have the Vor'cha. Once I hit the next rank, it's a toss up between the Vor'cha Retrofit or Negh'Var. That'll be my final ship then (cause I don't like the Bortas). Just wondering what additions the Vor'cha Retrofit gets over the standard Vor'cha, and which (out of the Vor'cha Retrofit and Negh'Var) is the better ship to command.

Thoughts?

Archived Post 03-12-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariestrekker
Short of the additional Tactical Officer, Higher Ranking Engineering Officers and Console additions, in addition to the general stats (of which are no doubt improved) are there any additional paint work on pattern-work for the Vor'cha Retrofit that isn't already on the standard Vor'cha?

I'm a Captain at the moment (#31), currently have the Vor'cha. Once I hit the next rank, it's a toss up between the Vor'cha Retrofit or Negh'Var. That'll be my final ship then (cause I don't like the Bortas). Just wondering what additions the Vor'cha Retrofit gets over the standard Vor'cha, and which (out of the Vor'cha Retrofit and Negh'Var) is the better ship to command.

Thoughts?

Aestetically the retro doesn't gain anything over the standard T4 version.
For that you have to pay c-points (this is the KDF after all, we don't get as much for free as the good guys)
To use the Tor'kath skin you'd have to pay 160 C points and for the Vor'kang another 800.
The latter works like the Venture does for the Galaxy-R.

There's an overview here:

http://www.stowiki.org/Vor%27cha_Bat...uiser_Retrofit

anyway for my personal preference the the Vor'cha is the better ship due to its better turnrate that allows to mount dual cannons in a useful manner.
The Tac BO setup is okay as it allows Rapid Fire 1, High Yield 1 and Tac Team.
The loss in hitpoints is not the serious a problem IMO.

That's all I can say at the moment.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 07:15 AM

Yeah, the Vor'cha is the cruiser for mounting DHC, but if you'e throwing beams around ala "regular" cruisers, then the Negh'var or Bortas will provide a sturdier platform for that, at the expense of offensive power though.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 07:33 AM

Vor'cha retrofit. You want that extra tac skill, the Negh'var extra engineering ensign skill is a joke. What exactly are you planning to put in there?

Archived Post 03-19-2012 08:01 AM

The Vor'Cha Retro turns with a base auf 10 while the T4 VorCha only turns with 6 iirc. So the Retro is a lot more fun and plays like a raptor. I use 2x Turn speed consoles in mine and its cool :D

Archived Post 04-01-2012 10:02 AM

Can someone confirm for me if the Vorcha Retrofit is avalible to in the purchase because i cant see it! I thia big mistake getting that Heghta BOP Tier 5. I explode more than kill stuff. I like my old vorcha and want to keep it.

Archived Post 04-01-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustiswordz
Can someone confirm for me if the Vorcha Retrofit is avalible to in the purchase because i cant see it! I thia big mistake getting that Heghta BOP Tier 5. I explode more than kill stuff. I like my old vorcha and want to keep it.

For some reason the Vorcha Retrofit seems to be listed under 'Brigadier General' instead of the 'Major General' rank like it should be.

Archived Post 04-01-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom61 (Post 4135602)
For some reason the Vorcha Retrofit seems to be listed under 'Brigadier General' instead of the 'Major General' rank like it should be.

That is correct. It's on the Brigadier General tier.

The Vor'cha Retrofit is not a c-store ship like the Defiant Retrofit. It's just a regular Brigadier General choice, as Starfleet has choices between the Star & Assault Cruisers.

Archived Post 04-01-2012 10:25 PM

Vor'Cha. No contest.

I got the Negh'Var first, then switched to the Vor'Cha R. Never looked back.

Archived Post 04-01-2012 10:55 PM

I like both the Negh'var and the Vorcha Retrofit. With the negh'var, you lose some damage dealing abilities, but that Ensign Engineering slot is more useful than most would think it is (Emergency Power to Auxillary to give your Healing abilities a bit more 'oomph' or Emergency Power to Weapons for a bit more Weapon damage).

And the Negh'var isn't that bad at turning either. At least compared to Federation Cruisers. Also, if you wish to customize it, the alternate skin (the Qu'Daj) is free. No Cryptic Points required.

The Vorcha though gives up the extra Engineer for a Tactical officer, giving it more Damage dealing capability to couple with the better turn rate (so you can put DHC's onto it for offensive punch). However, there isn't much room for customization unless you are willing to throw down some money or grind for Dilithium.

I had the same problem you did, i went for the ship that was my favorite (the Negh'var). I'll get the Vorcha Retrofit later and switch between the two whenever possible.