Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   VideoGamer.com Previews STO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=26051)

Archived Post 09-08-2009 03:32 PM

VideoGamer.com Previews STO

Wesley Yin-Poole of VideoGamer.com made it out to GamesCom to talk to us about Star Trek Online. Give his impressions a read here.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 09-08-2009 03:37 PM

Wow. Long article. Makes a change from the last few (not that they were bad mind you). Thanks for the heads up :)

Quote:

"We weren't that interested in making the game where you go down to the transporter room and press the button for 20 hours then level up, and you get to go to engineering and use a wrench"
I swear if I see this quote again I'm going to track down Zinc and erase the English language from his mind so that he might learn to say something else! :eek: (I know somehow it'll backfire and we'll all see that quote again in Spanish or something. :D

Quote:

Away missions always require a group of five. If you're playing with four other players, you'll all be captains. If you're going solo you get to choose which bridge officers should fill the gaps - an important decision, as it determines the kind of gameplay experience you'll enjoy. Here, in the wonderfully named "Away Team Picker" screen, Andy has the aforementioned Hope, Jinn, Sasa Mira and the mysterious Red Shirt for company (don't tell him, but we reckon poor old Red Shirt doesn't stand much chance of surviving).
Wait, can we pick a random red shirt to join the away team? Or was that poor character called 'Red Shirt'? (Those are some cruel parents if its option no.2)

Archived Post 09-08-2009 03:57 PM

It's a nice little preview. Having someone elaborate on the BO powers and how they are used in space combat was good.

Archived Post 09-08-2009 03:59 PM

thx for the post all im starting to feel like i read 90% of that info the last few weeks :)

tell your pr to move on and give us something new hehehe

Archived Post 09-08-2009 04:05 PM

I like the fact that Craig got disappointed by a lucky shot destroying all three Klingon Ships, but I personally am starting to wonder what the Klingon Missions will be like.

Archived Post 09-08-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloaked_Warbird
Wait, can we pick a random red shirt to join the away team? Or was that poor character called 'Red Shirt'? (Those are some cruel parents if its option no.2)

It has been previously stated that at the begining of the game, when you still don't have enough BOs, red shirts ocupy their places on away teams.

Archived Post 09-08-2009 04:23 PM

Nice article its a long one though, but I enjoyed reading it. :)

Archived Post 09-08-2009 04:23 PM

Pretty much the same info as the previous reviews but I must admit he added some humor to it to make a more interesting read. :)

Archived Post 09-08-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekkert (Post 751325)
It has been previously stated that at the begining of the game, when you still don't have enough BOs, red shirts ocupy their places on away teams.

I must have missed that. Thanks for the info .:)

Archived Post 09-08-2009 04:44 PM

Although a lot of this article is the same info we've seen a dozen times already there is some new stuff too.

One bit I noticed, he didnt seem to have a helm officer. Do we get one later, on bigger ships or do we, the captains fly the ships all the way through? I'd like to see us get a helm officer to provide some extra manuvers, attack patterns, sudden turns, short warp jumps or something.