Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Way way way way way too many popups! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260541)

Archived Post 03-12-2012 09:13 PM

Way way way way way too many popups!

Seems every time I'm in the middle of a fight a popup appears coverring 3/4 of my screen... Really?

Make them always minimized (so we can open them should we need to [*cough* never]), we really don't need this constant mission spam 99.99999% of the time - our objective is written clearly on the top right of our screens anyway!

Unless the mission requires interaction or choices, why show anything??? It's just pointless screen clutter that covers the most important part of our screen always at just the WRONG times.

Don't need them. Don't want them.

Archived Post 03-12-2012 10:03 PM

There should be an option to have ALL popups go to the low priority corner.

But they also need to make sure that in the default settng messages dont pop up till combat is over. I hate getting pop ups in the middle of combat

Archived Post 03-13-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieboysw (Post 4090229)
There should be an option to have ALL popups go to the low priority corner.

But they also need to make sure that in the default settng messages dont pop up till combat is over. I hate getting pop ups in the middle of combat

Exactly. I just don't know what the devs were thinking when they added these constant unwanted popups.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realuniqueone
Exactly. I just don't know what the devs were thinking when they added these constant unwanted popups.

They were thinking like this: "We are smart, customers are dumb... Better explain everything to them just a few extra times just to be sure"...

I mean... This is the company that thought that cartoonish icons were needed to help people find their way around ESD, and only changed it after 2 weeks of flaming.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 05:28 AM

Not awake yet had me thinking that cryptic was useing advertisments for silvers lol

Archived Post 03-13-2012 05:46 AM

One solution would be to introduce voice overs for officer reports... then no pop up would be necessary. if you need to read up on anything you can check in the ship log...

Incidentally this would fixthe decloak bug at the same time...

But, alas, they don't have the resources.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 06:55 AM

I like how this has 5 complaint replies but no solution...

Esc > options > Allow mission auto-popups > set to off

searching a bit before complaining wouldn't hurt.
you can facepalm now, I did.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perji

I think you may be missing the point. Lots of theese popups are unnessacary.

Cryptic just very recently did a major overhaul of the entire mission set, allowing them to level with the player, but ignored all theese popups.

Yes, they were nessacary in the beginning, but now they aren't anymore. They have better tech now that makes the popups obsolete.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perji

Yes, I am facepalming at you. You seem to have some reading comprehension issues. :p

We arent talking about the auto mission hails. This is about BO pop ups in missions during combat or just any of the pop ups in general.

We dont have an option to turn those off and we should, I offered that suggestion in the second post.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieboysw (Post 4090997)
Yes, I am facepalming at you. You seem to have some reading comprehension issues. :p

We arent talking about the auto mission hails. This is about BO pop ups in missions during combat or just any of the pop ups in general.

We dont have an option to turn those off and we should, I offered that suggestion in the second post.

1. You are not the OP, so you cannot tell me what he meant. You can only tell me what you thought he meant. I thought he meant something else.
2. I don't know how or why you get unwanted "popups". I don't get any unwanted popups. There are no popups in battle, they only appear when the red alert is over, which is 10 seconds or so after all combat ceased.
3. Now that I think of it, I used to get crap like that when playing single player episodes, but then, hitting the space bar to fire or using any skill in the tray made them go away fast. If you DO get them during combat, it's either one of the poorly designed missions (which actually makes them "mission auto hail") or some bug.