Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Whats the point of bridges/interiors? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260545)

Archived Post 03-12-2012 09:38 PM

Whats the point of bridges/interiors?

I'm assuming for role playing but other than that, how often do you visit your interior? I'm mean what do you do in there? I wouldn't mind having a accurate defiant bridge and interior for my defiant, but I don't want to spend $20 bucks to get it. I happily spent that much for the retrofit however, because well that's a whole ship.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 09:34 AM

Admittedly I don't visit my bridge super often but its fun from time to time to walk the halls of your ship (I have the TOS bridge so its fun to nerd out on).

Also it is handy for a quick meeting place - I can go to my bridge and toss out invites to people regardless of what sector they are in and they can immediately join me on the bridge - this comes in handy for a quick trade of credits or something if a fleet member needs help.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 05:57 PM

Only reason is to instantly trade with someone. Parties are better at DS9 or ESD or First City, the halls are far too large and ugly, your crew never wears your uniform, there's no reason other than to instantly meet someone for a trade.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 08:09 PM

You can go to the transporter room to switch to a small craft like a shuttle or runabout.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 08:14 PM

The only time I visit my bridge is when a Mission requires me to. For example, the Reman FE had some segments requiring me to be on the bridge - and I went to the bridge to get into my Shuttle for 2800. There are several Foundry Missions which do as well, but that's about it for me.

Archived Post 03-14-2012 06:10 PM

Use to, you had to go to your ready room to replay a mission. I think that feature should be restored. I did use my bridge for a Role-playing conversation (the contents of which are priveliged). Besides braging rights, not much really does happen there.

Archived Post 03-15-2012 01:55 AM

I try and do as much Duty Officer related stuff from my bridge or ready room as possible. Then it feels like I'm actually ordering my crew around.

One thing I think would improve the bridge a lot would be the addition of a 'default uniform' that the player could set in the tailor (either one for each branch, or a way of telling the tailor which areas should be given the branch colours). Then, all the ship board NPCs you see wandering around would be loaded wearing that uniform. Just a little thing, but it would make you feel more attached to your crew.

Archived Post 03-15-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diotw
I try and do as much Duty Officer related stuff from my bridge or ready room as possible. Then it feels like I'm actually ordering my crew around.

One thing I think would improve the bridge a lot would be the addition of a 'default uniform' that the player could set in the tailor (either one for each branch, or a way of telling the tailor which areas should be given the branch colours). Then, all the ship board NPCs you see wandering around would be loaded wearing that uniform. Just a little thing, but it would make you feel more attached to your crew.

I do the same thing for my Duty Officers too, specifically with the shipboard missions. I also agree with you on the uniforms.

Archived Post 03-15-2012 08:35 AM

I don't get to visit my bridge as much as I'd like, but it's a cool place to hang out with fleet mates and talk about stuff. Had a real blast when invited a friend from the UFP KDF fleet onto my Belfast bridge. Took him to the engineering deck and all the crew started attacking him. So he was slaughtering my crew, I was reviving them... chaos ensued... was a great laugh :D.

Just wish there was an observation deck or briefing room ilke in TNG & VOY would be great :).

Archived Post 03-15-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diotw

So admittedly it is a very limited case but if you are a TOS fan and get that bridge pack and give your Boffs TOS uniforms they match with the rest of the NPC crew (I've got a bridge full of officers in the TOS skirts).

I wholeheartedly agree that a slot at the tailor for "General Crew Uniform" would be fantastic!