Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Whatever happened to the Enterprise E? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260669)

Archived Post 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

Whatever happened to the Enterprise E?

I've been doing some searching, and now that the Enterprise F has been released during "The 2800," I've been wondering... What happened to her predecessor? The little "hints" during loading screens have stated that Data is the commander of the Enterprise E, but nothing I can find says what happened after that.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefist84 (Post 4091828)
I've been doing some searching, and now that the Enterprise F has been released during "The 2800," I've been wondering... What happened to her predecessor? The little "hints" during loading screens have stated that Data is the commander of the Enterprise E, but nothing I can find says what happened after that.

it went missing on its last mission to go see what happened to a space station, and they left it with that, either for a future po=lot or cbs wanted to keep it open so they could use it with a new tv show if there ever is one

Archived Post 03-13-2012 02:43 PM

At this time, nobody knows. Data was seen as the Captain of the E-E in the "Countdown," comic, which was a prequel to the JJ movie, and which Cryptic has generally been treating as canonical. As far as I know, no stories within the game or otherwise have followed up on that.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 02:49 PM

It got written out of existence by way of temporal paradox by the events of Star Trek.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 02:51 PM

No one knows. It went to investigate why Starfleet lost communication with a Starbase.

Now we have an Enterprise F, indicating that either the E was lost or retired. That's all anyone knows.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
it went missing[...]

I wish people would stop saying that.

The last thing that happened with the E was that she was dispatched to investigate the loss of contact with a starbase in 2408.

We do not know what happened to the ship once she was sent out there. Speculation != fact. For all we know, in the one to two years that have followed 2408, she might well have simply been decomissioned.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I wish people would stop saying that.

The last thing that happened with the E was that she was dispatched to investigate the loss of contact with a starbase in 2408.

We do not know what happened to the ship once she was sent out there. Speculation != fact. For all we know, in the one to two years that have followed 2408, she might well have simply been decomissioned.

well thats what i heard a lot of im just repeating what seems to be the majority on here.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 03:09 PM

I speculate that some enjoy the mystery that a missing the E-E suggests. It would make a good story some day. Though I'm recalling (I can't recall who specifically said it) that CBS won't let Cryptic speculate on the E-E's true fate. I further speculate that is because they want the ongoing novels which feature the E-E to continue as long as the books will sell. Which, IMO, isn't unreasonable.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak

It's true we don't know what happened, but in my opinion, the ship isn't nearly old enough to be decommissioned. It's roughly 40 years old, and it's predecessor, the Galaxy class, was designed to run for 100 years, according to the TNG technical manual.

IMO, lost or destroyed are the most logical options.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 03:23 PM

Okay, time for a visit from the 29th century Temporal-31 to explain all this and force us to help maintain the secret.

Or something.