Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Sooo...what do I do with this 3rd tac slot? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260710)

Archived Post 03-13-2012 07:03 PM

Sooo...what do I do with this 3rd tac slot?
 
I got my tactical escort retrofit and have that pesky tac ensign slot to fill out.

I have a cannon BO, beam BO and torp BO but only one has tac team 1 (cannon BO has that).

Should I just set aside some tac schlub and set him up with tac team 1as well or is there a better alternative?

Archived Post 03-13-2012 07:24 PM

two copies of tac team can be a good thing.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 07:32 PM

2 ensign spots for tac team; use the third for either torp spread or FAW for when you need to clear spam.

Archived Post 03-13-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius
2 ensign spots for tac team; use the third for either torp spread or FAW for when you need to clear spam.

This. I have two copies of tac team plus torpedo spread 1 on my Defiant-R. Works well in STFs.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumblingBee
I got my tactical escort retrofit and have that pesky tac ensign slot to fill out.

I have a cannon BO, beam BO and torp BO but only one has tac team 1 (cannon BO has that).

Should I just set aside some tac schlub and set him up with tac team 1as well or is there a better alternative?

I use the Retro defiant also and i will you tell you what i use in order from ensign slot to CMDR slot
for my Tac CMDR i have High Yeild 1, Rapid FIre Cannon 1, Spread 3, Cannon Volley 3
for my LT CMDR i have high yeild 1, rapid fire 1, and attk pattern Omega1 (this allows me to cycle through the high yeilds and rapid fire while the other is on cooldown)
for my ensign i use team tac 1

Archived Post 04-09-2012 06:07 PM

What does "BO" stand for?

Archived Post 04-09-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
What does "BO" stand for?

"BO" means Bridge Officer. Simple as that.:D

Archived Post 04-09-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drk2Sn (Post 4150785)
"BO" means Bridge Officer. Simple as that.:D

Unless it means "Beam Overload" (which is the more common usage, and BOFF for Bridge Officer).. ;)

Archived Post 04-09-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destinii
Unless it means "Beam Overload" (which is the more common usage, and BOFF for Bridge Officer).. ;)

That's what I thought it meant.

To the OP: what weapons does your TER use?

Archived Post 04-09-2012 09:26 PM

Ohh yes, BO vs. BOff hadn't occurred to me.

I ended up going with a dual beam array in the front and BO (for reals this time) as my slot 1 power.

It's been working out great, especially for that damage spike I get when I BO.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 AM.