Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Regarding the new Bortasqu Variants (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260972)

Archived Post 03-15-2012 08:28 AM

Regarding the new Bortasqu Variants

Greetings All,

I致e got to admit that I知 very interested in the new Bortasqu; however, since I致e never used the proto version of it, I知 not quite sure how I壇 play the 3 versions of it.

I値l be picking up the package deal in the near future but I think I値l wait till the hype dies down a bit and the D exchange rates come down.

The consoles offered with the Engineering and Science Bortasqu just scream to be abused on the Tactical Bortasqu where you can set it up for maximum damage.

Now that most consoles have their own cool downs you値l be able to wreak havoc in PVE and PVP.

Subspace Jump Console will make the Disruptor Auto cannon console even more deadly.

I知 thinking that Beams are the more viable choice of weapons for the Bortasqu due to its poor turn rate.

I suppose you could load DHC and use the Subspace Jump Console and Subspace snare console to set up your alpha strikes coming out of cloak.

After looking over the 3 Bortasqu variant, IMO the Science version got the short end of the stick due to its lack of Science Console support (only 2 science console slots)

The Tactical and Engineering versions have a good number of open console slots to support themselves.

All in all I think the Bortasqu came out with better special abilities than the Odyssey and the launching of its BOP does not prevent you from using any of its other abilities.

Archived Post 03-15-2012 12:34 PM

Well the Ody basically got 3 pets. 2 for fighting and 1 for healing. Only two of them can be used at one time, but is not really a big deal there.

Feds wanted a carrier, I give you the Ody+1

Archived Post 03-15-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warduke73 (Post 4097092)
Well the Ody basically got 3 pets. 2 for fighting and 1 for healing. Only two of them can be used at one time, but is not really a big deal there.

Not much of a carrier when they can die easily and have a 4-5 minute cooldown.

Archived Post 03-15-2012 09:30 PM

ive been playin around with the new bortu's today n have to say it's has loads of potentual n carn't wait for the cries of nerf.

Archived Post 03-15-2012 09:45 PM

Hey, better than nothing. The Ody+1 (pick a version) is a heck of a lot better than the original.

The a great man once said, "You can't always get what you want"

Archived Post 03-16-2012 04:44 AM

I have the bortasqu' with the BoP support ship, i do like its firepower quite a bit, i love the 5 eng consoles a 4 tac consoles. This ship can really dish out massive amounts of firepower, love it.

Archived Post 03-16-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warduke73 (Post 4097092)

Actually the saucer section also send engineering team heals back to you in addition to fighting, so they have two heals incoming on the Oddy +1.

Archived Post 03-16-2012 06:00 AM

I am usually a BoP pilot and personally I find cruisers very borring. But overall, I like the new Bortasq'. As a tac I play with the Command one( that has 2 sci consoles) because I like using the Tet Glyder with a flow capacitor console and faw (other sci is the 35% shield). Also great for Plasmonic leech. I also equiped the auto cannon from the tac Bortasq. Using the auto cannon when fully buffed (Apa, Gdf, Tac Fleet) combined with evasives and reverse makes it very efficient in delivering punishment. It is also a great dps dealer and overall is a tough ship. The only "not-like" is the wounded cow turn mode, but well, thats bc I fly BoP I'm sure. I am curious when the feds will start crying for nerfs... lol.

I have to agree, the jump console seems to be far better than the snare.

Archived Post 03-16-2012 06:01 AM

Compared to the Odyssey it is disapointing.

First, the sci versions of each ship have the highest DPS because of Sensor Analysis.

But the Odyssey can add the Separation console to get a decent turn rate, which the Bortasqu can't. So you are basically stuck as a broadsiding beam boat, which renders the snare console and the disruptor hose useless.

(And no, the snare does not make up for turn rate, because it has a long cooldown.)

Of course, it does LOOK very cool, and has an awesome bridge...

Archived Post 03-16-2012 06:22 AM

The tac bort has 5 tac consoles, yay!

Except... man, it's really hard to fit all the consoles on the sucker. I mean, 3 special consoles, + plasmonic leech, + assimilation console, field generator...

So far I've been doing just the 4 tac consoles. The character using it is an engineer, so I SUPPOSE I could live without the plasmonic leech. The combat power of assimilation console is too high, though. Thoughts?