Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   For the future of my Klingon Engineer.... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=262679)

Archived Post 03-23-2012 05:35 PM

For the future of my Klingon Engineer....

When I get my KDF Engineer to level 40, I'm going to be torn between two ships:

The Negh'var and the Vorcha Retrofit. The Negh'var is my favorite KDF Battle Cruiser, yet the Vorcha improves my damage dealing capabilities. Which one should I go for?

Archived Post 03-23-2012 07:08 PM

I like both ships but went with the Vorīcha Refit. Itīs more maneuverable and doesnīt have three Ensign slots of the same kind. But when in doubt, simply pick the ship you like the most. :)

Archived Post 03-23-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur1
I like both ships but went with the Vorīcha Refit. Itīs more maneuverable and doesnīt have three Ensign slots of the same kind. But when in doubt, simply pick the ship you like the most. :)

Okay, Negh'var it is. How should I set it up though? I plan to keep on using Disrupters as the energy type (I'm not the noob who will use the Rainbow Bortas).

I figure EPTS is a must along with ASI, but what else should I go for?

Archived Post 03-23-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliftona91
Okay, Negh'var it is. How should I set it up though? I plan to keep on using Disrupters as the energy type (I'm not the noob who will use the Rainbow Bortas).

I figure EPTS is a must along with ASI, but what else should I go for?

I became very fond of incinerating enemy ships with Eject Warp Plasma. It really hurts and is good to stop enemy ships from getting where they shouldnīt be getting (STFs).

Weapons: 3 beams and one torp front and back

Sci: sci team, hazard emitters

tactical: tac team, faw 2 or hyt 2

engineering: engineering team, epts (twice maybe), maybe eptw, aux to sif (canīt really do it wrong here, enough options)

Archived Post 03-23-2012 09:26 PM

Awesome....now to get my Gorn up to those levels to get it....currently rolling in a K'tinga (which isn't that bad of a ship....except for the subpar aft weapon slots)

Also, would EPtAux work as well to maximize the effects of ATSI or Hazard Emitters?

Archived Post 03-23-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Awesome....now to get my Gorn up to those levels to get it....currently rolling in a K'tinga (which isn't that bad of a ship....except for the subpar aft weapon slots)

Also, would EPtAux work as well to maximize the effects of ATSI or Hazard Emitters?

You have an ample supply of engineering powers on the Neghīvar, so I guess the answer is yes. :)

Archived Post 03-23-2012 10:14 PM

8 Engineering slots is ample enough supply for much customization. Hopefully I'll make the right choices.

Archived Post 03-23-2012 10:43 PM

Here is a post that gives some really nice Neghvar builds.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...4&postcount=95

I use a modified Heal Bot on my ship for PvP healing, but the damage or control would work great for PvE/STFs. Not sure what you like to play.

For PvE though I'd say you wouldnt need Power2Aux, with a setting of 25 and whatever skill points you've spent to increase it, you should be just fine with aux heals.

Archived Post 03-23-2012 10:56 PM

I was originally a PVE guy, but I'm trying to get better at the game...hence why I went to the guys who play PVP. I'm hoping to dabble a bit in PVP now.

And Mav knows what he's talking about due to his seniority to this game, so any cruiser advice from his thread I will take...for both my eventual Negh'var and my eventual Star Cruiser Fed side.

Archived Post 03-23-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

When I get my KDF Engineer to level 40, I'm going to be torn between two ships:

The Negh'var and the Vorcha Retrofit. The Negh'var is my favorite KDF Battle Cruiser, yet the Vorcha improves my damage dealing capabilities. Which one should I go for?

The Vor'cha is the superior ship... Really hard to question that. However, if you very much prefer the Negh'var then go with it. The difference is not nearly so game breaking as to automatically make you worthless because you chose the Negh'var or something.