Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 28, 2012, (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263481)

Archived Post 03-28-2012 03:54 PM

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 28, 2012,

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120326a.4

General:
  • Carrier AI:
    • Resolved an issue that could cause hitching in intercept or attack mode.
    • Added a failsafe to make sure that Birds-of-Prey don't get stuck in cloaked state without a target.
  • Ground loot is no longer partially embedded in the ground.
  • Updated Defera Invasion:
    • Changed required number of Borg Salvage to collect:
    • 25 for an individual type, down from 50.
    • 15 of each together, down from 25.
    • Updated required number of scouting reports to collect to 10 from each area, down from 15.
    • Reduced the number of charges on the "Tuned Anti-Borg Device" from 10 to 5.
  • Updated the 800-day Veteran Dilithium refiner contact:
    • At Starfleet Academy, the contact can no longer be killed by Feds.
    • Both Fed and KDF versions are visible to all players at all times.

Archived Post 03-28-2012 03:56 PM

"Updated the 800-day Veteran Dilithium refiner contact"

What is this? :confused:

Archived Post 03-28-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstocbr
"Updated the 800-day Veteran Dilithium refiner contact"

What is this? :confused:

Quote:

At Starfleet Academy, the contact can no longer be killed by Feds.
Both Fed and KDF versions are visible to all players at all times.
It's listed tabbed under that for a reason...

Archived Post 03-28-2012 04:10 PM

still no fix for the field generator consoles? Nerfing the console into uselessness!

Archived Post 03-28-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umbaglo (Post 4127837)
It's listed tabbed under that for a reason...

Well yeah. But that does answer my question, maybe a bit unclear.

What does this special 800day NPC offer for 800day vets?

Archived Post 03-28-2012 04:18 PM

He's how you get the Doff mission to refine extra ore.

Archived Post 03-28-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
He's how you get the Doff mission to refine extra ore.

Thankyou :)

Archived Post 03-29-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jam062307 (Post 4127839)
still no fix for the field generator consoles? Nerfing the console into uselessness!

This is because not enough people spoke out about it. Yeah, yeah, I know . . . the thread on the subject has like 12 pages of people speaking against it, but that's nothing compared to the amount of people actually playing the game, meaning that not even a fraction of the players that play the game actually care if it is nerfed or not. In order for the Devs to take player feedback seriously, the feedback needs to come from the MAJORITY of the player base, and that feedback needs to be constructive. Thus, it is no surprise that the console will be nerfed.

I never used the silly console anyway, but I did speak out in the thread against the nerf to back my fellow players. But nonetheless it was very obvious that too few players cared about the nerf or more people would have spoken out about it.

If you want this to be taken seriously, then put forth some effort. You need to network. Talk to friends in game. If they feel the same, then tell them to get over here and post. For me, my current forum display settings have it to where 10 posts display per page. The feedback thread currently has 12 pages at the time I post this. Thatís . . . 120 posts. SOME of those posts are by the same individual (one individual in there posted like 5 times), but even if they were not by the same person thatís . . . 120 people . . . in a game with at LEAST a few THOUSAND players online at any particular time.

In order for anything to be taken as a serious issue by the player base, a MAJORITY of the players need to vote on it. Hang out at DS9, ESD or the First City and speak out . . . see how people REALLY feel about the issue and get them to post their opinion here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=263207

12 pages might seem like a lot of posts, but the way I see it we havenít even began to speak on how we feel about the issue. I posted for my fleet to give this attention. Thus more folks there might post on the issue. Your fleets are a GREAT start to rally support for getting the devs to give consideration to a game change.

Archived Post 03-29-2012 03:01 AM

EDIT: Double post and the forum will not let me delete this duplicate. :p

Archived Post 03-29-2012 05:34 AM

Unfortunately, while I can see the likely reason for allowing the stacking, it is quite obvious that it makes a single console of the sort unviable and a waste of space. So in opening up new console builds, Cryptic has - choosing 1 over the other rather than making a compromise - killed old ones. The solution, whether or not it will actually be used, is to allow stacking of the OLD variant of the console but with diminishing returns.

That's pretty much my objective opinion on the situation (i don't use Field Generators, and i likely never will, giving me a good perspective on the issue :))

Edit: About the duplicate post, I experienced it too... quite funny as long as nobody thinks of you as a troll for it xD