Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Alternate History (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263565)

Archived Post 03-29-2012 04:57 AM

Alternate History

Could I do a foundry mission that is alternate history? IE the ship gets sucked into a history where humanity never developed?

Archived Post 03-29-2012 05:04 AM

I don't see why not.

Archived Post 03-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewteddy
Could I do a foundry mission that is alternate history? IE the ship gets sucked into a history where humanity never developed?

I like the idea. In fact I've been contemplating an alternate history mission of my own, except involving a different species.

Archived Post 03-29-2012 08:20 PM

Why wouldn't you be able to do that?

Archived Post 04-01-2012 06:43 PM

My Federation Civil War Foundry Missions are alternate history. In them, it is assumed that Spock WAS successful in preventing the destruction of Romulas. Romulan invlovment initially behind the scenes, later in the open would pay dividens for the Romulans when Spock pleads to the Council for assitance in averting the Hobrus disaster.

Also. In this alternate history, the U.S.S. Enterprise-F is a Tokyo-class Deep Space Exploritory Crusier launched in 2381 instead of 2409. The Federation controls several sectors of territory in the Delta Quadrent. Donatra is the Empress, with Kimara Cretak as her Prator, Quintus Arrius as the Proconsol, and Tomalak as one of the two Grand Marshals of the Star Navy. Data's original body survived the destucton of the Scimitar and was scattered to the four corners of the galaxy, later be reassembled by the Gynoid Tactical officer of the Enterprise-F.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 04:25 PM

I'm also exploring alternative histories in my first Foundry mission, using a (convenient) quantum fissure as an entry point into a timeline where the destruction of Romulus was also averted, and that Nero went from a humble miner to a Senator calling for strengthened relations with the Federation.

His wife Mandana, mentioned in the Abramverse Star Trek: Countdown graphic novels, will bear a son that beomces one of the first few full-blooded Romulans to enlist in Starfleet, graduate and serve as a Security Guard aboard a Federation starship.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumghai
I'm also exploring alternative histories in my first Foundry mission, using a (convenient) quantum fissure as an entry point into a timeline where the destruction of Romulus was also averted, and that Nero went from a humble miner to a Senator calling for strengthened relations with the Federation.

His wife Mandana, mentioned in the Abramverse Star Trek: Countdown graphic novels, will bear a son that beomces one of the first few full-blooded Romulans to enlist in Starfleet, graduate and serve as a Security Guard aboard a Federation starship.

Not a bad idea. May I incoporate elements in my alternate time line?

Archived Post 04-11-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCell (Post 4150814)
Not a bad idea. May I incoporate elements in my alternate time line?

You're certainly welcome to do so.

Archived Post 04-12-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumghai
You're certainly welcome to do so.

Thanks! And you are welcome to any of my ideas too! :D