Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   FED - Flight Deck Officers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263954)

Archived Post 03-30-2012 06:22 PM

FED - Flight Deck Officers
 
Two things...

1. On stowiki (yes I know a lot of the information is outdated) it says that it comes from Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer "Cache". Is that a typo and they ment "Cadre" which would then link it to the C-Store Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre. Trying to see where I could get one cause the Exchange prices are just ridiculous :(

2. Can you have 3 on active duty or is it like Warp Core Engineer where you can only have one active? Hoping its 3 cause that would mean you have the potential for a max of 12 Boarding Shuttles in one go! Not even that. Wouldn't want to spend EC or CP to get a 2nd one only to find out that you can only have one active :mad:

Not many people use Boarding Party III but in my experience its always helped me out, a lot, especially with tac cubes. It also makes me feel carrier-esque, lol :D

Archived Post 04-05-2012 10:12 PM

Found the answer...

You can have 3 Flight Deck Officers! 33% chance each instance to add another 3 shuttles to the initial 3 shuttles launched. Woohoo! 3 Boarding Party IIIs + 9 Boarding Party IVs :eek:

Hurray!

Archived Post 04-06-2012 12:58 AM

And yet they never come back. So 9 shuttles full of redshirts every minute or so? You're sadistic! ;)

Archived Post 04-06-2012 01:41 AM

You can't even go and pick them up after a fight. they stay stranded in space in teir attack pods.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 12:38 PM

@ReginaMala, Mission Failure? Don't you dare request to beam aboard! lmao!

@pandonk Ya… seems Cryptic made them VERY expendable :( Thank goodness for the increase in crew to 2500 crew (Odyssey-A here) :D You have to see the positive in any situation :cool:

Archived Post 04-09-2012 12:58 PM

Note that standard Flight Deck Officers affect hanger recharge time, not add additional shuttles. Only the ultra-rare has the ability to add additional Boarding Parties. The Federation currently only has access to the ultra-rare, though that may change if there is suitable desire and/or need.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heretic
Note that standard Flight Deck Officers affect hanger recharge time, not add additional shuttles. Only the ultra-rare has the ability to add additional Boarding Parties. The Federation currently only has access to the ultra-rare, though that may change if there is suitable desire and/or need.

Yeah I mostly play KDF which you prolly know a billion times over but yeah I'd be interested only prob I have going after these ultra rares which I assume are only availble in C-store packs is that its a pretty long grind in dilithium just to get one pack but I doubt that its your call on the actual pricing of them LOL. Just a thought though kind hard to invest real money into something costs around 5 bucks a pop for a chance to get one imo.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heretic
Note that standard Flight Deck Officers affect hanger recharge time, not add additional shuttles. Only the ultra-rare has the ability to add additional Boarding Parties. The Federation currently only has access to the ultra-rare, though that may change if there is suitable desire and/or need.

I know the KDF have access to a green FDO (I can't remember from which department or if it's tier 1 or 2 (T2, I think)) in their Ferra-equivalent store. Though the KDF have different (more/better, too) uses/need for FDOs.

I do agree with something you said before, about not wanting to put FDOs into general circulation Fed-side, since there are no assignments that use them, and their ability is so limited. Once Feds get their own Carrier, then you can recind this policy.

That said, maybe it would be a good idea to throw the Feds a bone and add a green (and/or blue?) FDO with the Boarding Party buff available for purchase from Ferra. Don't replace an existing DOff that's there now, so people who aren't interested in Boarding Parties don't "lose" anything, but those that are can at least get a little love without having to spend tens of millions of EC on the Exchange or hunt through many C-Store packs for the one Ultra-Rare Fed FDO.

If you do add said FDO to the Fed Store, make him/her a Caitian, please. :D

Archived Post 04-09-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Yeah I mostly play KDF which you prolly know a billion times over but yeah I'd be interested only prob I have going after these ultra rares which I assume are only availble in C-store packs is that its a pretty long grind in dilithium just to get one pack but I doubt that its your call on the actual pricing of them LOL. Just a thought though kind hard to invest real money into something costs around 5 bucks a pop for a chance to get one imo.

Ultra-rares are available both in cadre packs and as possible results for the general Personnel Officer contact via "doff grinding".

Archived Post 04-09-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heretic
Ultra-rares are available both in cadre packs and as possible results for the general Personnel Officer contact via "doff grinding".

Ah cool you always surprise me :D It did throw me off when I went on my tactical main and found a purple conn officer that had that attack pattern buff doff in my roster LOL :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 PM.