Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Slowdown in colonization chain. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=264328)

Archived Post 04-02-2012 01:07 PM

Slowdown in colonization chain.

Has anybody else noticed a slowdown in colonization chain assignments? I have 3 that I only need the renown mission for and it hasn't popped up up in the last 7 days or so. I actually only found 2 colonization missions in the last week and I'm on and check every system twice a day so out of 14+ logins and 12 systems I had left to do I only get 2 missions total? I used to get at least 1-2/day before.

Archived Post 04-02-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeloxx (Post 4137131)
Has anybody else noticed a slowdown in colonization chain assignments? I have 3 that I only need the renown mission for and it hasn't popped up up in the last 7 days or so. I actually only found 2 colonization missions in the last week and I'm on and check every system twice a day so out of 14+ logins and 12 systems I had left to do I only get 2 missions total? I used to get at least 1-2/day before.

ive actualy noticed the opposite, there seems to be more

Archived Post 04-02-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
ive actualy noticed the opposite, there seems to be more

I had this for a while, but then not.

Though I'm in the same situation as the OP: I went from having only one renown to having all but a couple in a few weeks. The more renowns you have left the less chances you have of seeing a step. Instead of checking against 14 sectors you're checking 10, then 5, then 2, etc. Your chances per sector aren't improving, so progress starts to slow down.

Archived Post 04-02-2012 02:24 PM

mine seem to be a bit slower but one thing I'm dead on missing is the renown repeat, I've yet to get a repeat. I'm guessing however that is to be expected?

Archived Post 04-02-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuui (Post 4137262)
mine seem to be a bit slower but one thing I'm dead on missing is the renown repeat, I've yet to get a repeat. I'm guessing however that is to be expected?

Are you looking for something called "renown"? What you want is "Support [sector] Colonization Efforts."

Archived Post 04-02-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 4137497)
Are you looking for something called "renown"? What you want is "Support [sector] Colonization Efforts."

No i wasn't, but the "repeatable" seems to just blend in with the rest of them, then.
I will pay closer attention.

Archived Post 04-02-2012 06:12 PM

This is a known issue. Colonization, diplomacy, and marauding assignments are unintentionally now less frequent due to the ship interior update. Heretic has said that there is an adjustment in the pipeline.

Archived Post 04-02-2012 07:12 PM

thanks, at least I know now what it was. I have no problem waiting for a fix.