Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   I wasnt Spamming :p (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=264410)

Archived Post 04-02-2012 08:41 PM

I wasnt Spamming :p

Ranting would be the word, ranting in a player made channel, wasnt even crypticmade, can a GM unsilence me and let the mods in Playermade channels handle who should be muted or not please? Srsly, playermade channels shouldnt be directly linked to cryptics 24 hour autosilence thing, if anything it should be linked to 2 minutes, let the players in the channel ignore and let the Operators/Admins mute, but dont mess with private channels please, Now can a GM please unmute me so i can go play more stfz for gozers impossible loot chances?

EDIT: On a slightly related sidenote, can we get Mute fixed in private channels, it doesnt actualy mute and it cant be undone.

Archived Post 04-02-2012 08:47 PM

The answer to your question is "no".

Archived Post 04-02-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 4137896)
The answer to your question is "no".

Witch 1? lol, if its too why cant Gms leave player made channel moderation to the operators and admins, then why, to can i get unmutted, why? even tho im in no rush 24 hours for sending 10-15 messages into a player made channel is a bit overdone? dontcha think?

Archived Post 04-02-2012 08:54 PM

Please submit a Ticket :P

Archived Post 04-02-2012 08:57 PM

*cough* i did , but u know i wanted to be unmuted before 24 hours, i have unread tickets gon for 7-8 weeks :)

Archived Post 04-02-2012 10:10 PM

Player-created Channel perhaps but it's Cryptic's architecture and interface, thus everything that happens in STO is within Cryptic's domain.

Archived Post 04-02-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doomicile
Player-created Channel perhaps but it's Cryptic's architecture and interface, thus everything that happens in STO is within Cryptic's domain.

Right but realiscly is it right to 24 hour mute someone for talking to their friends in a playermade channel? Maybe remake iy like so...
Zone=24 hour
Team=2 minute
Local=1hour
Playermade=5minute
Fleet=none
PM=none

Archived Post 04-02-2012 11:36 PM

so you were muted/kicked from a player created channel? so like stfelite or doffjobs or something.

if thats the case not much you can do. Maybe pm a mod/admin player of that channel and ask to be reinstated. or wait the 24 hours for being silenced.

Though as you said you were "ranting" and maybe that channel isnt the "Ranting" channel I can see why they may have taken that action, in which a lesson should be learned.

Private individuals are not as forgiving as employees.

Archived Post 04-02-2012 11:51 PM

unfortunately, the report spam feature is there for a reason, it keeps goldspammers out. if they loosened the restriction for player made channels that would allow goldspammers to set up shop in them with impunity.

Obviously if you've been silenced, at least 10 people disagree with your definition of the difference between spamming and ranting. It might be a good idea to avoid both. You can get a silence lifted by filing a GM ticket, if they find any malice on the part of the reporters, than they may even take action against them.

Archived Post 04-03-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xceptionzero (Post 4138019)
so you were muted/kicked from a player created channel? so like stfelite or doffjobs or something.

if thats the case not much you can do. Maybe pm a mod/admin player of that channel and ask to be reinstated. or wait the 24 hours for being silenced.

Though as you said you were "ranting" and maybe that channel isnt the "Ranting" channel I can see why they may have taken that action, in which a lesson should be learned.

Private individuals are not as forgiving as employees.

No i was ranting in a playermade channel- but then i was silenced by cryptic. Cryptic really really shouldnt be dealing with the player channels, it should be left to the channel mods to handle people spamming in their channels, cryptic shouldnt 24 hour mute people for spamming in private channels, and it should be specified if u have been reported X times OR sent X messages.24 hour mutes should only exist in cases where this has happened in zone chat.

And Aces, the autosilence will still be there but not quite as long, an hour tops. and the channel mods can deal with spammers as they see fit. Aditionaly, i dont think u should be muttable in fleet chat and think u should be able to PM ur friends/teamchat, cryptic mute should just be on public channels, as fleet leader i think i should be able to speak in fleet or in teamchat. If my team ignore me then fine, but thats that. Ive had friends autosilenced in pvp for useing $target binds and /bind x team HEAL ME binds just cause they sent out too much at once. At least cryptic should allow silenced player to use teamchat of premade teams and private queue teams NOT automade, that way, me being angry and yelling at say, my fleet or my friends in team or something, will not lead to me not being able to do anything for 24 hours.