Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   RA Ship advice (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=264593)

Archived Post 04-04-2012 12:11 AM

RA Ship advice

Im currently rear admiral Upper (lvl 49), I'm currently at a bit of a cross road with how I should proceed.

From other posts as some of you might know, I'm currently in the excel refit.

I would like some feedback as to what Tier 5 or 5+ I should look at.

Ideally I am sure alot of people will recommend I get the MVAE but I'd prefer to fly a cruiser,
This in mind I'm tossing up between the C store Oddy or the dreadnought.

I am a tac captain, I'd love to hear some ideas and recommendations.

Cheers in advance

Archived Post 04-04-2012 12:26 AM

I have the Dreadnought. I'm not sure what the hull rating is on the Excelsior Refit, but the Dreadnought is 49,000 starting out. It can take a beating. You won't gain any extra weapon slots except for the spinal lance. It's really only good for hitting large objects, like Borg cubes and stations.The turn rate on the Excelsior is better then the Dreadnought. I don't remember what the console configuration is on the Excelsior Refit, but the Dreadnought has 2 science, 3 tactical and 4 engineering. I would keep the refit myself, unless you really like how the Dreadnought looks, like I do. I do not have the Odyssey, so I can't comment on it.

Archived Post 04-04-2012 02:35 AM

Absolutely stay away from the Drednaught. It isn't worth it.

If you're a tac and determined to fly a cruiser, you want either the Excelsior or the Galor. Both are capable tac ships. The Assault Cruiser can also work for some specialized builds. Stay away from any Galaxies, or the Star Cruiser and Odyssey starwhales. Leave those to the healbots.

Archived Post 04-04-2012 02:49 AM

Any ship can be great. Any ship can suck. You really have to build your Boffs, Gear, Weapons, and Skills for a ship.

If you have been flying a cruiser, you are probably best suited to continue to fly a cruiser.

Archived Post 04-04-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickpa
Any ship can be great. Any ship can suck. You really have to build your Boffs, Gear, Weapons, and Skills for a ship.

If you have been flying a cruiser, you are probably best suited to continue to fly a cruiser.

I have always flown a cruiser since the start.

Nick_Riker - I have excel refit, Im a little meh about the galor due to the cost of keys to get a chance at the ship, there are no guarantees, i could spend 4000 points and still not have the ship.

Archived Post 04-04-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaru
INick_Riker - I have excel refit

I think he was recommending the tier 5 retrofit as opposed to the tier 3 refit :)

Archived Post 04-05-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zekesulastin
I think he was recommending the tier 5 retrofit as opposed to the tier 3 refit :)

Yes, the refit with 750 crew, 8 turn rate, 1 lt com tac that is available at
rear admiral lower half :)

EDIT - I took the plunge, and decided to purchase a 10 pack of master keys,
I thought if I get nothing I won't purchase anymore and key 9 of 10 I pulled the galor cruiser,

Should I continue the same build of 2 Borg 2 omega?
What consoles run off these new disrupters?

Thanks again