Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Can we get some new STF DOffs? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=264712)

Archived Post 04-04-2012 06:12 PM

Can we get some new STF DOffs?

I love that you can get some great DOffs from doing STFs, but they are only useful on active duty for select characters.

The Security Officer is totally useless for Engineers and Science Officers.

The Projectile Officer is useless for anyone running a beam boat or any other full energy weapon set up.

Can we please get more variety in STF duty officers so that more players can actually use them on active duty?

Archived Post 04-04-2012 06:32 PM

Post suggestions. If they're good enough Heretic might use them.

Archived Post 04-04-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marhawkman (Post 4141388)
Post suggestions. If they're good enough Heretic might use them.

Off the top of my head...

For Ground:
- A Biochemist or Doctor for Science officers
- An Explosives Expert or Fabrication Engineer for Engineers

For Space:
- A Conn Officer (either variant)
- A Shield Distribution officer

I think adding these officers would allow players of most, if not all, playstyles to get something out of placing their Borg DOffs on active duty.

Archived Post 04-04-2012 07:43 PM

As a science player, I am very happy with my pair of security Doff's (yeah, I bought 2) because it will be a while before I can unlock blue military doffs at the store, and they take care of the challenging security missions. I would be interested in the torp Doff, but I already have a Hirogen from Khazon renown and a Jem'Hedar torp guy, so I've got that covered.

I don't object to more Doff's to buy with my chips, but the one's they have are useful.

Archived Post 04-05-2012 06:07 AM

I bought 5 Security DOFFs because I like them so much, but yes more variety would be nice.

Archived Post 04-05-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amuneli
Off the top of my head...

For Ground:
- A Biochemist or Doctor for Science officers
- An Explosives Expert or Fabrication Engineer for Engineers

For Space:
- A Conn Officer (either variant)
- A Shield Distribution officer

I think adding these officers would allow players of most, if not all, playstyles to get something out of placing their Borg DOffs on active duty.

These should be jobs that make sense for BORG to be doing in the first place.

Biochemist: best medical fit by far
Explosives Expert: absolutely not
Fabrication Engineer: Maybe, but given you bundled it with explosives expert, i'm thinking you just want these two so you don't have to pay market value on purple ones.

-----------------

Why don't we shoot for one from each job area. We have Security and Tactical already.
Engineering: Damage Control Engineer is probably the best fit. (Diagnostic Engineer also reasonably good)
Operations: Sensors Officer is probably the best fit, maybe Hazard Systems Officer
Science: Development Lab Scientist makes the most sense to me, but maybe Astrometrics
Medical: Biochemist

Archived Post 04-05-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrelloid (Post 4142198)
These should be jobs that make sense for BORG to be doing in the first place.

Biochemist: best medical fit by far
Explosives Expert: absolutely not
Fabrication Engineer: Maybe, but given you bundled it with explosives expert, i'm thinking you just want these two so you don't have to pay market value on purple ones.

-----------------

Why don't we shoot for one from each job area. We have Security and Tactical already.
Engineering: Damage Control Engineer is probably the best fit. (Diagnostic Engineer also reasonably good)
Operations: Sensors Officer is probably the best fit, maybe Hazard Systems Officer
Science: Development Lab Scientist makes the most sense to me, but maybe Astrometrics
Medical: Biochemist

I don't play any engineers actually so I didn't check the market prices for purple ones. Like I said, those were just off the top of my head. I like your suggestions too.

Archived Post 04-05-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrelloid (Post 4142198)
i'm thinking you just want these two so you don't have to pay market value on purple ones.

Not sure that really makes a lot of sense, each Purple Borg DOFF takes 40 of the chips, which you only typically get 2 of on an Elite run, meaning each DOFF requires roughly 20 Elite Runs. In those Runs it is likely you get decent drops that could be sold for EC plus you get Dilithum which can be converted to EC via Unreplicatable Mats. I'd think in 20 elite runs you could make more than enough EC to purchase the Purples from the Exchange.

Archived Post 04-05-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightTemplar_99 (Post 4143002)
Not sure that really makes a lot of sense, each Purple Borg DOFF takes 40 of the chips, which you only typically get 2 of on an Elite run, meaning each DOFF requires roughly 20 Elite Runs. In those Runs it is likely you get decent drops that could be sold for EC plus you get Dilithum which can be converted to EC via Unreplicatable Mats. I'd think in 20 elite runs you could make more than enough EC to purchase the Purples from the Exchange.

And a purple explosives expert goes for 12 million ec or more, easily.

Completing 20 elite STF runs is easier than getting 12mil ec imo. ymmv. Certainly the drops from those 20 runs aren't going to net you 12 million ec, since I have yet to see a drop that sold for more than 450k (and that's just in theory so far, hasn't actually sold) in 40 elite STF runs.

If you're lucky you get a drop worth ~200k ec on the exchange. Expected value of your drops is <100k ec per STF run. (Most drops are junk, even level 50 drops, no surprise there.)

A fabrication engineer (purple) goes for over 6 mil ec. At 100k ec per elite STF (being generous), that's 60 elite STFs to afford one at 6mil (which, as i noted, is on the low end for one).

Archived Post 04-05-2012 08:20 PM

i agree that there it wouldn't hurt if there was something for SCI + ENG chars in there too, the current 2 STF DOffs seem very TAC heavy.

and since there is no real chance at a Purple Borg with the Reclaim Borg Drone assignment... and 40 EDC for a purple is a bit of grinding... i think that's ok to add a few more.