Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Having trouble with Multi-vector Assault Ship (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=265002)

Archived Post 04-06-2012 08:31 AM

Having trouble with Multi-vector Assault Ship

Dear Tech Wizards,

I bought the MVAU from the C-store because the Prometheurs was always my favorite from any of the Star Trek Series.

No problem there.

My touble comes when I separate.

Each section is supposed to have its own skill, how do I access said skill?

Another thing I noticed is that, while there are buttons to seperate (or command) each of the 3 sections, there is no button that I can find to rejoin the pieces. So my current solution is pulling up my ship loadout and taking out my Multi-Vector Console. This causes the ship to stop dead in space, rejoin, and continue on its merry way. Then I put the console back in and pray I wasnt under attack at the time.

Any ideas?

Signed,

Humpty Dumpty (After his fall) :(

Archived Post 04-06-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebrithil1 (Post 4144331)
Dear Tech Wizards,

I bought the MVAU from the C-store because the Prometheurs was always my favorite from any of the Star Trek Series.

No problem there.

My touble comes when I separate.

Each section is supposed to have its own skill, how do I access said skill?

The above is not correct. The sections which you do not choose will have Beam Overload3 + phaser array for offense. Each section also has unique stats (shields, hull, power bonus), but no additional BO or other bonus ability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebrithil1 (Post 4144331)
Another thing I noticed is that, while there are buttons to seperate (or command) each of the 3 sections, there is no button that I can find to rejoin the pieces. So my current solution is pulling up my ship loadout and taking out my Multi-Vector Console. This causes the ship to stop dead in space, rejoin, and continue on its merry way. Then I put the console back in and pray I wasnt under attack at the time.

Any ideas?

Signed,

Humpty Dumpty (After his fall) :(

Pressing any of the MVAM separation buttons should reassemble your ship. That, or the original button used to separate at the start.

Archived Post 04-06-2012 03:10 PM

You can't activate the sections abilities. Since they're combat pets they do everything on their own. Once they're seperated using their abilities is pretty much by chance.

Archived Post 04-16-2012 09:55 AM

Why do the sections just go off and do their own thing? Shouldn't they focus on my current target?

Archived Post 04-16-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaSux (Post 4164436)
Why do the sections just go off and do their own thing? Shouldn't they focus on my current target?

The NPC sections will only attack targets if attacked first. The easy solution is to avoid crowded combat and focus on lone targets, or use full impulse to get your pets to follow you. If the two pets get destroyed, you can always re-assemble the ship and wait for the 3 minute cooldown before separating again.

Archived Post 04-16-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shar487
The NPC sections will only attack targets if attacked first. The easy solution is to avoid crowded combat and focus on lone targets, or use full impulse to get your pets to follow you. If the two pets get destroyed, you can always re-assemble the ship and wait for the 3 minute cooldown before separating again.

This kind of defeats the point of buying the MVAU. The two pets should focus their attacks on your current target, thats the entire point of splitting up. If they don't attack unless attacked, why bother purchasing the ship?

Archived Post 04-16-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying_Raptor_Jesus
You can't activate the sections abilities. Since they're combat pets they do everything on their own. Once they're seperated using their abilities is pretty much by chance.

I was referring to the section I was in control of. And shouldnt I be able to access the abilities while the ship assembled?

Archived Post 04-16-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shar487
The above is not correct. The sections which you do not choose will have Beam Overload3 + phaser array for offense. Each section also has unique stats (shields, hull, power bonus), but no additional BO or other bonus ability.

Pressing any of the MVAM separation buttons should reassemble your ship. That, or the original button used to separate at the start.

Thanks for the correction. I havent been able to get the MVAU to assemble by any of your methods.

Archived Post 04-16-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebrithil1 (Post 4164841)
Thanks for the correction. I havent been able to get the MVAU to assemble by any of your methods.

If you are still encountering problems reassembling an MVAM after separation, then I'll be happy to demo it for you, but all I do is click on the button originally used to separate the MVAM (usually the one with the longest cooldown timer duration). BTW, I use the 3x10 HUD display mode with BO powers on the lower portion of the screen.

Archived Post 04-16-2012 09:51 PM

I have noticed that once, I couldn't reform with the Buttons I assumed this was one of those bugs that show up from time to time.

You can only edit your ships loadout (remove consoles swap BOFFs) when your out of combat.

In my experience the Pets have a DBB and a Photon Torpedo. They use Beam Overload and an Attack pattern.

And generally they follow me and focus my targets.

In game AI needs to learn to run away from warp core breaches.