Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Borg referencing itself in 1st person. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=265509)

Archived Post 04-09-2012 01:23 PM

Borg referencing itself in 1st person.

Doing Btran dailies. One of the missions had a borg hail me from the planet. He said, " You are not welcome here, Starfleet! This planet is claimed by the Borg, and I am here to make sure our rights are respected! The people who settled here will be dealt with... harshly!"

Now is that very Borg like?

The planet this happened on was Planet MU Puppis 052-VH.

Even my boffs talking with me are not addressing the Borg correctly. One of them just suggested that if we do enough damage, the Borg will drop their illegal claim to the system and leave the colonists alone. Bah.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 02:35 PM

Theese are very Cryptic Borg... Remember... at launch they did'n even adapt to weapons fire...

Theese aren't the Borg you know... They are "meh why bother with detail" borg.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 02:52 PM

I had that mission yesterday. I too thought how our of character that was. Plus if the Borg really did claim the planet there would be Cubes and the entire planet Assimilated. I wouldnt beam down with my 5 man Away team and take out a small group of Borg.

I think they need to make those type of missions off limits to selecting Borg as the NPC. Have some checkmark in the database that says they cant be used. It should be just a randomly generated race. The only missions with Borg we should get in exploration are like Crashed Probes with a few Borg survivors.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 06:05 PM

The missions seem to be random generated ... you think that is bad?

I had the Borg Third Dynasty.

Now if you dont understand, this is because the Klingons had a Third Dynasty and the mission flavor is clearly intended for them but it creeps out and shows up in other races as the system seems to be entirely random outside a few exclusions (meaning, no Borg outside B'tran).

Exploration can really be LOL due to the random factor.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 07:05 PM

That kind of thing's happened to me a number of times recently, though that "you are not welcome here" is my favorite.

They should have two versions of every Cluster mission: one with randomly-generated stuff, and one designed with the Borg in mind. The stories can be the same, just make sure the dialogue works.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 07:22 PM

The reason why they are talking like this is because the mission uses the Genisis engine with pre-constructed text. Most of that type of mission would have a random species captain saying that. It just happens that this time it was the Borg that came up instead of an individualistic society.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 07:31 PM

of course these could be borg infected by Hugh's humanity virus (like the ones subjugated by Lore in TNG: Descent two parter (i think)) so there is canon for individualistic borg. or you could say hmm it's a game - lets get this mission over and move on.

Archived Post 04-09-2012 08:33 PM

Wow, you just came across that 'language'...saw that about 500+ days ago.
;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dawg_LSM
Doing Btran dailies. One of the missions had a borg hail me from the planet. He said, " You are not welcome here, Starfleet! This planet is claimed by the Borg, and I am here to make sure our rights are respected! The people who settled here will be dealt with... harshly!"

Now is that very Borg like?

The planet this happened on was Planet MU Puppis 052-VH.

Even my boffs talking with me are not addressing the Borg correctly. One of them just suggested that if we do enough damage, the Borg will drop their illegal claim to the system and leave the colonists alone. Bah.

Archived Post 04-10-2012 01:03 AM

I had a B'tran mission the other day where I had to investigate some derelict freighters to find out who had attacked them. Turns out it was the Borg. The planet that owned the freighters thanked me for my assistance, and assured me that they would be using diplomatic channels to make their case with the Borg government, rather than take military action. I felt like responding, "You have met the Borg before, right...?" :p

Archived Post 04-14-2012 11:06 PM

I still laugh thinking about the time I got "Carnivorous plants" that looked like decorative roman pillars. Long time ago though.