Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Too hard to deport colonists (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=265687)

Archived Post 04-10-2012 01:02 PM

Too hard to deport colonists

I don' think it should be this hard to get rid of colonists. The Resettle Colonists assignment already controls the tempo, so I don't think this mission should be so rare or have a cooldown.

Anyone else think Deport/Relocate Colonists mission should get the same treatment as Turn over Contraband?

In any case, I've stopped mailing myself colonists and have begun executing them for Dilithium. :p

Archived Post 04-10-2012 02:33 PM

If you do any of the colonization chains in the star cluster, they all require colonists which are 'lost' when completed. If anything, I find there is a shortage of colonists. In each chain, there are several of them that require between 3 and 5 colonists. Multiple that by 14 star clusters, and it's a lot of colonists that is needed to complete them. The short answer is that I NEVER run the Relocate colonists, and instead, save them for the colonial chains.

Archived Post 04-10-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corgatag
I...In any case, I've stopped mailing myself colonists and have begun executing them for Dilithium. :p

Relocate Colonists give you 500 Dilithium for your efforts. For 5 colonists that 100 Dilithium each...

Dismissing common Colonists gives you... 75 Dilithium each???

Archived Post 04-10-2012 03:00 PM

Thanks, but I already do have a stash in my mailbox already. Completing all the colony chains is not a high priority given IRL time constraints and limited Assignment slots.

Also, eventually you will complete the colony chains.

Archived Post 04-10-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Relocate Colonists give you 500 Dilithium for your efforts. For 5 colonists that 100 Dilithium each...

Dismissing common Colonists gives you... 75 Dilithium each???

Yes, I understand it's less efficient to execute them. That's why I'd like the availability of the assignment increased and the cooldown decreased.

Archived Post 04-10-2012 03:09 PM

*edit*

The colonists primary use is for the colonization chains. I know you are playing the doff system casually, but a quick look at doffjobs spreadsheet can tell you where to employ your colonists without wasting them in relocate missions. if it really starts to be a problem, just stop doing resettle missions.

Archived Post 04-11-2012 12:29 AM

Anyone who is into the DOFF system at all, should look to get the colonial chains done for each Nebula.

A unique blue DOFF and a repeatable mission to get refuges/purple DOFF is a much better use of your colonist's than "depart" or just dimissing them.

You'll also find, that once you start the chains, you won't have anywhere near enough of them about and you suddenly found a VERY useful use ;)