Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Tetryon Glider Adv Escort build for TAC captain (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=265760)

Archived Post 04-11-2012 01:13 AM

Tetryon Glider Adv Escort build for TAC captain
 
Hi, I am new player and I am looking for improvements for my Adv. Escort. I am looking for build strong for both PvP and STF. Build is based on Tetryon Glider [actually each shoot do additional 61 damage to all shields]. My character is Tactical Officer.

Front:
Tetryon dual cannon mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon dual cannon mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon dual beam array mk XII [purple BORG]
Photon Torpedo Luncher mk XII [purple BORG]

Rear:
Tetryon Turret mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon Turret mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon Turret mk XII [purple BORG]

Equipment:
Engines OMEGA XI
Deflector OMEGA XI
Shield BORG

Tactical consoles:
3x Tetryon (+26%)
1x Borg Assimilated Module

Science Consoles:
1x Field (something) [+18% max shield capacity]
2x Flow capacitors [+26 each, needed for tetryon glider]

Eng. Consoles:
2x +3.5 Weapons power settings


Bridge Officers Skills:

Attack Pattern Omega III [excellent against tractor beams, both in STF and PvP)
Beam Overload III [for alpha strikes]
Cannon: Scatter Volley I [bind to space button]
Tactical Team I

Attack Pattern Omega I
Cannon: Scatter Volley I [bind to space button]
Tactical Team I

Emergency Power to shields II
Emergency power to shields I

Hazard Emitters II
Transfer Shield Strength I

Transfer Shield Strength I


General combat Power Settings:
Weapons 75 [115 with all bonuses]
Shields 75 [~90 with all bonuses]
Engines 25 [48% with all bonuses]
Aux 25 [48% with all bonuses]



My main problem are classic escorts [3x Dual Heavies builds - I am not using dual heavies because of Tetryon glider], cruisers, and science are usually very weak opponents [even if they somehow tank me, they still need support to kill me] but FE/Retrofit Defiants are really difficult to kill [main problem - very strong Alpha strikes]. STFs are actually relatively easy, I am able to tank and kill regular cube in 1vs1 and I don't expect more. THX for any help.

Archived Post 04-11-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathray38
Hi, I am new player and I am looking for improvements for my Adv. Escort. I am looking for build strong for both PvP and STF. Build is based on Tetryon Glider [actually each shoot do additional 61 damage to all shields]. My character is Tactical Officer.

Front:
Tetryon dual cannon mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon dual cannon mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon dual beam array mk XII [purple BORG]
Photon Torpedo Luncher mk XII [purple BORG]

Rear:
Tetryon Turret mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon Turret mk XII [purple BORG]
Tetryon Turret mk XII [purple BORG]

Equipment:
Engines OMEGA XI
Deflector OMEGA XI
Shield BORG

Tactical consoles:
3x Tetryon (+26%)
1x Borg Assimilated Module

Science Consoles:
1x Field (something) [+18% max shield capacity]
2x Flow capacitors [+26 each, needed for tetryon glider]

Eng. Consoles:
2x +3.5 Weapons power settings


Bridge Officers Skills:

Attack Pattern Omega III [excellent against tractor beams, both in STF and PvP)
Beam Overload III [for alpha strikes]
Cannon: Scatter Volley I [bind to space button]
Tactical Team I

Attack Pattern Omega I
Cannon: Scatter Volley I [bind to space button]
Tactical Team I

Emergency Power to shields II
Emergency power to shields I

Hazard Emitters II
Transfer Shield Strength I

Transfer Shield Strength I


General combat Power Settings:
Weapons 75 [115 with all bonuses]
Shields 75 [~90 with all bonuses]
Engines 25 [48% with all bonuses]
Aux 25 [48% with all bonuses]



My main problem are classic escorts [3x Dual Heavies builds - I am not using dual heavies because of Tetryon glider], cruisers, and science are usually very weak opponents [even if they somehow tank me, they still need support to kill me] but FE/Retrofit Defiants are really difficult to kill [main problem - very strong Alpha strikes]. STFs are actually relatively easy, I am able to tank and kill regular cube in 1vs1 and I don't expect more. THX for any help.

Consoles are 'wrong' change to below.

4x Tetryon

1x Field Generator
2x Flow Cap

1x Neutronium
1x Assimilated

Equipment,

Take Omege Shield and Engines, take Borg Deflector

BoFF

HE1 / TSS1 and ST2 - take 2 Dev Lab Scientist Doffs for ST cooldown

As you have CSV bound to spacebar, also bind in EPtS as well. However as you are binding CSV, I would recoment switch them to CRF instead.

Remove 1TT, and take BO1 instead. Up Cannon skills to rank 2, and take 2x HYT2 as well, this will slightly lower your AE dmg in STFs, but increase by a factor of like 5 your single target, it will also increase alpha dmg in pvp

Switch Photon to Qunatum

Get weapon power to 125, dump rest in shields and run Eng and Aux at 25

Archived Post 04-11-2012 05:46 AM

Cygone pretty much nailed it.

I like to have CRF and CSV so I can cover most options.

And I found 2xDHC and a DC to give me much better Damage than 3 DC. Now you say you want the procs, but in general I find the Procs deplete the shield facings I'm not shooting at rather than the one I am which caves pretty damn fast.

That being said I run, 1 Torp, 1 DC, 2 DHC. 3 Turrets aft.

I'm currently experimenting with a 1 DBB, 1 DC, 2 DHC build. 1 BA and 2 Turrets aft.

Mixed results so far as I'm not used to having no Torpedoes on a ship, and I'm using the MVAE for a Grav Well, so lower Tac skills in general.

Archived Post 04-11-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Cygone pretty much nailed it.

I like to have CRF and CSV so I can cover most options.

And I found 2xDHC and a DC to give me much better Damage than 3 DC. Now you say you want the procs, but in general I find the Procs deplete the shield facings I'm not shooting at rather than the one I am which caves pretty damn fast.

That being said I run, 1 Torp, 1 DC, 2 DHC. 3 Turrets aft.

I'm currently experimenting with a 1 DBB, 1 DC, 2 DHC build. 1 BA and 2 Turrets aft.

Mixed results so far as I'm not used to having no Torpedoes on a ship, and I'm using the MVAE for a Grav Well, so lower Tac skills in general.

All true, except the Tetryon Glider is not a proc, its 100% chance to drain x shield to every facing on every contact of an energy bolt. Hence the use of DC and not DHC as they fire 8 rounds as opposed to the 4 of the DHC.

X will drain approx (assuming 9/9 FlwC), and 125 weapon power, of about 66 per hit, might not sound alot, but do the math

66 * 4 shield facings * 8 (bolts in 1 hit of spacebar) * 3 (number of dual cannons)

66*4*8*3 = 6336 total shield in one attack! add onto that the proc chance of about 300 at 2.5%!!!1

Archived Post 04-11-2012 10:25 AM

While I like the tetryon glider proc, I'd recommend going with more raw damage. Anti-proton is a good candidate to use with tetryon glider, because its enhanced critical severity affects all targets, not just shields.

Archived Post 04-11-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shar487
While I like the tetryon glider proc, I'd recommend going with more raw damage. Anti-proton is a good candidate to use with tetryon glider, because its enhanced critical severity affects all targets, not just shields.

I'll say it again, because you didn't read.

TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!

Archived Post 04-11-2012 10:58 AM

I'm thinking he meant the tetryon proc, referring to the base weapons the guy was using as opposed to the glider.

Personally, I'd get whatever energy type (except plasma) lets you afford as much [Acc] as possible ;)

Archived Post 04-11-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygone (Post 4153910)
I'll say it again, because you didn't read.

TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!
TETRYON GLIDER IS NOT A PROC, IT IS RAW DAMAGE!

Oops. I meant "effect", not proc. Either way, I know that it's -1 per shot per shield facing, not raw damage. This is why I recommend using it with more direct-damage weapons, because once you breach the target's shields, the TG-effect becomes moot.

Archived Post 04-11-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shar487
Oops. I meant "effect", not proc. Either way, I know that it's -1 per shot per shield facing, not raw damage. This is why I recommend using it with more direct-damage weapons, because once you breach the target's shields, the TG-effect becomes moot.

Yes technically, but realistically, once shields are down, target is dead.

Archived Post 04-11-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygone (Post 4153970)
Yes technically, but realistically, once shields are down, target is dead.

Nope, not with abilities like Tactical Team, Sci Team, or EPtS to help shields spring back up. For PVE, you're probably right, but for PVP, the target isn't dead until it actually blows up.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 AM.