Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Assimilated Borg Tech Set (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=266359)

Archived Post 04-14-2012 03:33 AM

Assimilated Borg Tech Set

OK, I think I'm just missing it here.
I'm currently level 50 and started STF missions because I am trying to get the complete Borg Set. According to the wiki:

"The console is awarded as a mission reward, while the rest can be purchased for [Encrypted Data Chip]s from Commander Roxy on Deep Space Nine, by selecting General Merchandise > Retro STF Gear."

[Console - Universal - Assimilated Module] - from “Assimilation”
[Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines] - 5x [Encrypted Data Chip]
[Assimilated Deflector Array] - 5x [Encrypted Data Chip]
[Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array] - 5x [Encrypted Data Chip]

I've earned the Console but I cannot find the rest of the set to purchase at DS9 being sold by the stf representatives, roxy, etc.

Can someone tell me where the hell this stuff is?

Archived Post 04-14-2012 03:41 AM

I Think you Talk to Roxy, and go onto "General Merchadise" and it's STF Retro Gear i think, for the Shield the Deflector and the Engines... They are 5 ECP each

Archived Post 04-14-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyfizturbodum
OK, I think I'm just missing it here.
I'm currently level 50 and started STF missions because I am trying to get the complete Borg Set. According to the wiki:

"The console is awarded as a mission reward, while the rest can be purchased for [Encrypted Data Chip]s from Commander Roxy on Deep Space Nine, by selecting General Merchandise > Retro STF Gear."

[Console - Universal - Assimilated Module] - from “Assimilation”
[Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines] - 5x [Encrypted Data Chip]
[Assimilated Deflector Array] - 5x [Encrypted Data Chip]
[Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array] - 5x [Encrypted Data Chip]

I've earned the Console but I cannot find the rest of the set to purchase at DS9 being sold by the stf representatives, roxy, etc.

Can someone tell me where the hell this stuff is?

Talk to Commander Roxy at DS9, General Merchandise, Retro STF gear is what you want.

Archived Post 04-14-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanson1982 (Post 4161221)
Talk to Commander Roxy at DS9, General Merchandise, Retro STF gear is what you want.

This option doesn't exist. I have the following options when I talk to her:

What are EDCs? (explains EDCs)
What is Borg Salvage? (explains Borg Salvage)
What is Borg Tech? (explains Borg Tech)
What are REquisitions? (explains Requisitions)
Standard Issue Gear (explains Standard Issue Gear)
Special Reserve Gear (explains Special Reserve Gear)
Exit (duh)

So anyone with any other ideas? Is there some mission I'm supposed to complete before I'll get access to this?

It seems that the only place to get any borg ship tech is the the STF ship Requisitions officer but there is no "retro" link. Just 3 Main Categories (requisition Mark x-xii equipment) each with 2 subcategories:
1 - Borg Standard Issue (no borg set pieces here)
2 - Special Reserve (M.A.C.O. and Omega Force equipment).

Soooo again, where is this magic link to get the other equipment for the set?
Thanks in advance!@

Archived Post 04-14-2012 11:21 PM

Trade in borg salvage/tech for EDCS etc, don't choose the one called Talk to Roxy, but the other one

Archived Post 04-16-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyfizturbodum
This option doesn't exist. I have the following options when I talk to her:

What are EDCs? (explains EDCs)
What is Borg Salvage? (explains Borg Salvage)
What is Borg Tech? (explains Borg Tech)
What are REquisitions? (explains Requisitions)
Standard Issue Gear (explains Standard Issue Gear)
Special Reserve Gear (explains Special Reserve Gear)
Exit (duh)

So anyone with any other ideas? Is there some mission I'm supposed to complete before I'll get access to this?

It seems that the only place to get any borg ship tech is the the STF ship Requisitions officer but there is no "retro" link. Just 3 Main Categories (requisition Mark x-xii equipment) each with 2 subcategories:
1 - Borg Standard Issue (no borg set pieces here)
2 - Special Reserve (M.A.C.O. and Omega Force equipment).

Soooo again, where is this magic link to get the other equipment for the set?
Thanks in advance!@

Nope this is incorrect, you are standing to the left of Roxy are are picking up the chat box from the other guy that is standing thier. Move to the right of rox and click 'Redeem, Borg Salvage, EDC and Tech'

Archived Post 04-16-2012 05:17 AM

Not wanting to assasintate this topic, but i have the assimulated console, is the retro borg gear a good fill in until i get the borg set? or XII items?

Archived Post 04-16-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaru
Not wanting to assasintate this topic, but i have the assimulated console, is the retro borg gear a good fill in until i get the borg set? or XII items?

They are the same thing.

Archived Post 04-16-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygone (Post 4164088)
They are the same thing.

There are borg item for 40 EDC each and the retro for 5 EDC each.
I'm sure there is a difference??? Or did i miss something?

Archived Post 04-16-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaru
There are borg item for 40 EDC each and the retro for 5 EDC each.
I'm sure there is a difference??? Or did i miss something?

The 40 EDC, are for the Veteran (MK XI), Omega and M.A.C.O gear (Shield, Deflector, Engines),

The 5 EDC are for the Borg (Shield, Deflector, Engines), the borg gear is markless.

MACO and Omega re basically pointless at the moment, as basically MACO Shield + Borg other bits is the best way to spec a ship.