Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   *BUG* Missions Republishing NOT Working (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=266402)

Archived Post 04-12-2012 08:38 AM

*BUG* Missions Republishing NOT Working

Project Name: UFoP:Ter'Jas Mor
Project ID: ST-HPYS8CWB6

Foundy has version 0.7 and after doing a publish and getting the eMail that the project was successfully published (duration 4 mins), only version 0.6 is available on Holodeck. I was in the Foundry editor the entire time monitoring the publishing progress bar thru-out the process and nothing out of the ordinary was detected.

Last Published: 2012-04-12 09:35:46

Archived Post 04-13-2012 10:09 AM

I have published a mission about 4x since yesterday and it still doesnt show up in any searches. I thought maybe it had something to do with the Fri 13th thing but Ive checked before and after and it still never shows up in a search.

Editor says its publsihed. Email says it published but it just never shows up.

Archived Post 04-13-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chenchuan (Post 4159471)
I have published a mission about 4x since yesterday and it still doesnt show up in any searches. I thought maybe it had something to do with the Fri 13th thing but Ive checked before and after and it still never shows up in a search.

Editor says its publsihed. Email says it published but it just never shows up.

Couple of possibilities:

* You searched for the mission, using a toon that wasn't level-appropriate to that mission. (Translated: You were playing a level 6 toon when the mission requires level 46+. Therefore your level 6 toon can't see the mission in the listings.)

* Cryptic's database isn't updating quickly -- or at all. (Not the first time.)

How about tossing out the name of your new mission for some of us to search on? (Hey, it's a chance for free publicity, with apologies to NemesisChiken for potentially hijacking his thread. But it's Foundry-update related! :rolleyes: )

Or we can stick with the Friday the 13th thing... <g>
Tucana

Archived Post 04-13-2012 12:16 PM

Mission not Publishing?

I published a mission, but it doesn't show up in the Review Content tab or the other one, yet I got the message confirming that it was published.

Archived Post 04-13-2012 08:11 PM

My mission isn't publishing either. It's for the Foundry Challenge. :( I still need to test it.

Name: boqrat day
Level: Any Level
Faction: Klingon

Archived Post 04-13-2012 09:42 PM

Same here. What gives?

Archived Post 04-13-2012 09:53 PM

Published mission not showing in Search

I've published my mission but it doesn't show up in search even when using the exact mission name or the authors name.

I've looked in both the "Community Authored" and the "Review Content" tabs.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here in the publishing step or simply not using the search function properly, however it does give the date/time and a "Publish successful" when looking at the mission info when in the Foundry.

The mission name is "Dilithium Run #1" but the closest mission to come up when using search is "Raxari's Easy Peasy" (as if that somehow comes close).

Any insight would be helpful.

Archived Post 04-13-2012 10:46 PM

If it's a new mission, I believe you have to get five reviews before it officially gets put into the game as a searchable mission. :)

Archived Post 04-14-2012 01:13 AM

It isn't new. It's been in the system for a while but I decided to do a lil edit and republish.

A friend of mine and I have been using it for our dailies but for some reason it's no longer "searchable"

It's called "Dilithium Run #1"

Archived Post 04-14-2012 04:57 AM

If it's a brand new mission, it needs five people to rate it, I believe, before it will be searchable under the normal Foundry listings. To find your mission before receiving those five ratings, click the box in the "Community Authored" missions tab in-game, which allows you to become a "reviewer" of foundry missions. This will allow you to search for missions that haven't yet been rated.

I'm not sure from reading your post if you meant that you'd already tried this or not, so I'm just throwing out ideas.

Incidentally, I seem to be having a similar problem, in that when I made changes to my mission in the Foundry and tried to republish the mission, the new changes didn't appear on holodeck. Instead, the mission plays as it did before I applied the changes, as if they were never made or published.

I even tried withdrawing the mission and re-publishing it, only to find that the old copy of the mission is what appears to have published, as the changes I had made still aren't in effect.

Anyone else having this issue?