Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Ferengi Clothing Issues - Bridge Officers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=266971)

Archived Post 04-18-2012 02:10 PM

Ferengi Clothing Issues - Bridge Officers
 
OK.. gonna vent here so hold on....

I just dropped a stupid amount of money to acquire the Ferengi clothing for my Ferengi Captain and his all female Ferengi bridge crew....


Go to the tailor and guess what? My bridge brew cannot even wear the Ferengi clothing because it was made as an "Off Duty" uniform and bridge officer's cannot use "Off Duty" uniforms. Total BS! Bridge Officers can wear Bajoran cloths, TOS, First Contact, Councilor, Seven of Nine, etc... but not these SUPER EXPENSIVE cloths... why?


Why can't I have a Ferengi Captain, in a Ferengi D"Kora.. with a Ferengi crew wearing Ferengi clothing if its what I purchased? Even the description states that they can be worn by the Bridge Crew.....

And don't go and in typical Cryptic fashion and change the description in the patch and not actually flip the switch and make them available as uniforms like you should. Help out the people in this game who dropped a lot of money and got shafted instead of taking the easy road and changing some text then shrugging your shoulders and saying "Sorry, its too complicated on the back-end". :mad:

Off my soapbox...

Archived Post 04-18-2012 02:15 PM

That's bad. You have my complete empathy for your predicament.

Hopefully that is not "working as intended" and will be fixed for you.

I would recommend you post your complaint in a bug thread if you haven't already. This is really the wrong forum to get quick Dev attention for issues, and they may not already be aware it's a problem.

Archived Post 04-18-2012 02:17 PM

oops, well clearly the description is wrong, better bug ticket it so they can change it to be correct and reflect they can't.

Which as bad as it sounds seems very possible given recent events. When something doesn't work the way you advertized it to, change the advertizement!

Archived Post 04-18-2012 02:37 PM

The website says: "Ferengi Jackets. These stylish off-duty costume pieces have standard and extravagant styles for male and female Starfleet characters. And because Ferengi designers know that females should show a little skin, there are open-jacket variants available for female characters."

But the item info in game says "can be used on most BOFFs". Everyone knows that BOFFs can't wear off duty clothes. The description is clearly wrong.

Archived Post 04-18-2012 02:41 PM

Simple fix get rid off the on/off duty division and/or give us costume slots for BOffs

Archived Post 04-18-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtakuboyT (Post 4168870)
Simple fix get rid off the on/off duty division and/or give us costume slots for BOffs

Think it would be cheaper and easier for them to just fix the item description, lol. There might not be enough "bang for their buck" to change how uniforms work. :rolleyes:

Archived Post 04-18-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtakuboyT (Post 4168870)
Simple fix get rid off the on/off duty division and/or give us costume slots for BOffs

I thought they were getting rid of the distinction between uniform slots and off-duty slots?

But of course BO's don't really have costume slots, do they?

Archived Post 04-18-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegeek (Post 4168924)
I thought they were getting rid of the distinction between uniform slots and off-duty slots?

But of course BO's don't really have costume slots, do they?

They did, however there are still styles that are labeled as off duty or uniform. This prevents people from mixing up off duty parts w/ uniform parts.

Archived Post 04-18-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilv (Post 4168860)
The website says: "Ferengi Jackets. These stylish off-duty costume pieces have standard and extravagant styles for male and female Starfleet characters. And because Ferengi designers know that females should show a little skin, there are open-jacket variants available for female characters."

But the item info in game says "can be used on most BOFFs". Everyone knows that BOFFs can't wear off duty clothes. The description is clearly wrong.

That would clearly be an issue. OF BOffs can't wear other Off-Duty outfits, this would not be an exception, and the description would clearly be inaccurate. I'm sure the outfits were coded as off-duty for a reason.

I do wonder why there is still a distinction; probably due to a tech hurdle that is harder to surmount than previously believed (?).

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilv (Post 4168936)
They did, however there are still styles that are labeled as off duty or uniform. This prevents people from mixing up off duty parts w/ uniform parts.

That makes sense, although I wonder why they didn't simply add a drop-down for each slot instead of creating classifications per slot.

Archived Post 04-18-2012 03:08 PM

The outfits are off-duty, and hence can only be used by the captain. The description is wrong and I apologize for that.

However, it may be possible to change it so bridge officers can use off-duty and other costume types. If there is a strong desire for this I will see what I can do about that.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.