Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   The Vault Raid Walkthrough (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267174)

Archived Post 04-19-2012 01:32 PM

The Vault Raid Walkthrough

This is a Walkthrough for the Vault Raid event. Check the calender for when it happens.

It's a shuttle/fighter only mini-STF, so make sure you have a small craft that's outfitted properly. You'll be encountering primarily Scorpian fighters with Plasma turrets, however there will also be Disruptor, Plasma Torpedo, and Tractor Turrets.

For fighters, Dual Heavy Cannons/Dual Cannons are good against the Larger ships and weapon turrets, but are bad against the fighters and the tractor turret (unless you're facing it when it tractors you).

Each room has a timer of about 4 minutes. You have that much time to accomplish the room's objectives and mob up any remaining enemies.

It's your job to protect Obisek. If his ship is damaged below 0%, he will cloak and repair. The progress bar will pause at this point. After he repairs, he will start his progress bar, so be sure to keep him protected to not waste time. You have an option to repair his ship completely ONCE through the entire run through a button, use it wisely. You can repair his ship with healing powers, but since you're in a shuttle, they won't recover too much health.

While in the corridors between the rooms, there will be some turrets to slow you down, but time is not a factor in these corridors.

Phase 1: Entry Chamber
This is where you start out. You will be held in place for a minute to read the briefing (Currently bugged, only one person saw the briefing when I entered into the instance twice). After that, Obisek's ship will move to the entrance. There will be plasma torpedo/disruptor turrets around the central column, and tractor turrets around the outer edge. Scorpion Fighters will mob Obisek's ship, the team must do their best to mop them. They won't pose a serious threat to Obisek unless they're left unchecked. At some point turrets emerge from the door and attack his ship as well.

When the progress bar reaches a certain point, it will halt and you will have to interact with a power junction on the map. The first one will be on the right facing the door. You can spot it by its white box and name. The second one will be on the left facing the door. Both are guarded by a tractor turret and a few scorpion fighters. The tractor turrets should be dealt with first, as they have a tendency to be tenacious with their tractoring.

After both power junctions are rerouted and Obisek's progress bar completes, you will have to wipe out the remaining enemy forces before being allowed to continue.

Phase 2: Reactor Core
Now in addition to turrets and fighters, you'll have to face Birds-of-Prey. Their heavy plasma torpedoes can do serious damage to your ship if your shields are down, so be mindful of them. In this room, Obisek will have a progress bar, which will halt and require you to overload two power cores. They'll be on opposite sides of the center. They'll be guarded by a plasma torpedo and disruptor turret, however the Birds-of-Prey will make it difficult to interact with them. You may need to send two people, one to provide cover to the interactor, and one to overload the power core.

Once all four cores are overloaded and the progress bar completes, wipe out the remaining forces quickly to proceed.

Phase 3: Thaleron Projector
This is the last stretch of the mission. Birds-of-Prey will now move in packs of 3, and the Thaleron Generator will occasionally flair up. (Be sure to have your Effects under options set to Medium or you may not see the warning trails). If this happens, move out of the way of the green lines or you will be damaged severely. He will ask for protection 3 times, pausing the progress bar. This will prompt the team to interact with him (Re modulate Compute, Relay Virus, Reinitialize Computer).

After his progress bar completes, the generator will stop and a Romulan Defender (D'redex) will uncloak and attack. Like the regular D'redex, it'll fire triple heavy plasmas, but in addition to this it also has feedback pulse, polarize hull, reverse shield polarity, and Aux2Struct. Destroy it, mop up the remaining forces, and you'll have retaken the Vault for the Remans. Your loot will be hovering above the Thaleron generator, be sure to take it before leaving, or the kick timer runs out.

Each run will earn you one Reman datalog. You'll need 3 data logs to claim the Prototype Reman Deflector and Engines through the Tactical Doff. You'll need 10 data logs to upgrade Mark XI to mark XII Prototype Reman through the Engineering Doff.

Archived Post 04-19-2012 02:38 PM

Thank you, very useful

We ran out of time on the last stret. We probably didn't remodulate the computer core, we destroyed the D'deridex and IMO all other forces, bleh, so close. :/

Not too happy about hearing how often I have to do this, given the queues and schedule of this event.

Archived Post 04-20-2012 10:05 AM

I have not run the mission yet myself (and not sure if I will bother), but thanks for the walkthrough. It seems pretty straight-forward. You mention only being able to repair Obisek's ship once. Does that mean we can't use our own BO/Captain powers to heal his ship (as we can, for instance, heal the Kang in the Cure Space STF)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nPoon
...Each run will earn you one Reman datalog. You'll need 3 data logs to claim the Prototype Reman Deflector and Engines. You'll need 10 data logs to claim the mark XII Prototype Reman shield (in addition to the shield itself, it must be Mark XI).

We have to send our DOffs on assignments to "claim" the prizes once we get enough Datalogs, is this correct?

Also, do you mean to say the Mk XII Prototype Reman Shield is effectively "DOff-crafted" from a Mark XI Reman Shield using 10 Datalogs?

So to get the whole Mk XII set, it takes 1x run of the original Coliseum mission to acquire the Mk XI shield (possibly already completed, right?), then 16x "Vault Raids" to get the Datalogs? I suppose 17 mission runs (versus "zillions" of STF runs) to get a Mk XII set, is fairly reasonable. Huh.

It's too bad I have to dance to Crytic's schedule though... :(

Anyway, do you know the set stats/features?

Archived Post 04-20-2012 10:38 AM

Another tip: Torpedo Spread 1. I can't emphasize how useful this was. It's probably the only good AOE you've got at this rank. I'd reccomend plasma, but I'm using photon myself as I've also got the Nadeon detonator console.

Archived Post 04-20-2012 10:48 AM

This is cool. I haven't tried this yet, but now I at least have an idea of what I might expect.

Archived Post 04-20-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
We have to send our DOffs on assignments to "claim" the prizes once we get enough Datalogs, is this correct?

Yes. This is a bit tedious, but it does have the niceness of having a chance to get the purple Mark XII items. You'll have to go to your bridge and use your ready room console and speak with your tactical officer for the Deflector and Engine, it'll be listed under Special Projects. For the Shield, you'll have to speak with the engineer under Assemble.

Quote:

Also, do you mean to say the Mk XII Prototype Reman Shield is effectively "DOff-crafted" from a Mark XI Reman Shield using 10 Datalogs?

Yes, as I said above, you'll have to use 10 Datalogs (Read: Do the mission 10 times), have the Mark XI Shield before you can speak to the Engineer and to initiate the crafting mission.

Quote:

So to get the whole Mk XII set, it takes 1x run of the original Coliseum mission to acquire the Mk XI shield (possibly already completed, right?), then 16x "Vault Raids" to get the Datalogs? I suppose 17 mission runs (versus "zillions" of STF runs) to get a Mk XII set, is fairly reasonable. Huh.

Unfortunately yes, the bright side is there is no cooldown timer, so you can run this as many times as you'd like within the 1-hour time frame. (For now use private queues, the public queues have a tendency to have to fight for an open instance).

Quote:

It's too bad I have to dance to Crytic's schedule though... :(

We all have to dance to someone's schedule my friend, Cryptic's is just slightly less reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrician Ventinari
Anyway, do you know the set stats/features?

This thread has it.
In terms of the walkthrough we agree on mostly eveything. I might be wrong about the last room and having to remodulate the computer, I'm going in again to confirm. In the meantime, the general rule is if Obisek says to do it, do it.

The Two piece boosts your particle generator stat and increases the speed and durability of high yield plasma torpedoes.

The Three piece provides a damage proc to the shield akin to the MACO shield. Everytime you take damage to the shield, it'll have a chance to buff your shield's maximum health (up to 5 times).

source

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Another tip: Torpedo Spread 1. I can't emphasize how useful this was. It's probably the only good AOE you've got at this rank. I'd reccomend plasma, but I'm using photon myself as I've also got the Nadeon detonator console.

Any high damage AoE will do, and since you won't have to worry about anything's position more or less, knock backs are fine. Photon is good enough to cut through most of the fighters, but against the bigger ships like the BoP or the Defender, plasma or quantums are probably a better choice.

Archived Post 04-20-2012 06:08 PM

I've run the mission many times, twice successfully.

The key thing is that you should remain in constant communication with your team mates, and to buddy up when rerouting the junctions / overloading the cores. There were times I was unable to reroute the junctions in time because I was stuck in a tractor beam / being pounded up Scorpions, whilst other players ignored my hails for help.

Archived Post 04-20-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nPoon

Each run will earn you one Reman datalog. You'll need 3 data logs to claim the Prototype Reman Deflector and Engines. You'll need 10 data logs to claim the mark XII Prototype Reman shield (in addition to the shield itself, it must be Mark XI).

With other sets the parts all have to be the same MARK and preumably rarity although you can't get different rarities with other sets anyway.

Are you saying you can get the set bonus with two parts Blue Mk-XI (Engine, Deflector) and the shield as Mk-XII. If so this set would be a big change from other sets.

Archived Post 04-20-2012 07:08 PM

From what I saw you have to "upgrade" them to very rare as well... costing more data logs

so 30 total to obtain each piece.. how much to upgrade?

30+ runs with only an hour for the event......

seriously they improve prototype tech drop rate and give us a worse grind...... I'm still curious on the stats for the deflector and engine.. the set bonus looked pretty good.. IMO

Archived Post 04-20-2012 07:10 PM

Fixes needed for this mission:
  • Cut Scorpion cloaking frequency by 50%
  • Cut BOP spawn by 25%

Then it might be less annoying.