Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   [Borg] ground weapon modifier (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267423)

Archived Post 04-20-2012 08:38 PM

[Borg] ground weapon modifier

I know this adds a special DoT proc and +15 kinetic(?) damage against Borg, but what I'd like to know is if that +15 kinetic is per volley or per shot.

Archived Post 04-21-2012 12:14 PM

It's a random chance per hit. So a high rate of fire weapon will trigger it more often, but it will also trigger adaptation much more quickly, more than negating the benefit.

Archived Post 04-23-2012 10:09 AM

Strange when I'm fighting Borb on the ground with [Borg] weaponry, I always get the 15 kinetic damage when I fire (100% change to proc).. It's one the reasons, I blast away against a Borg Drone that has adapted to my weapons, but is almost dead. It's generally faster then stopping to remodulate and then fire.

Archived Post 04-23-2012 10:11 AM

Strange when I'm fighting Borb on teh ground with [Borg] weaponry, I always get the 15 kinetic damage when I fire. It's one the reasons, I blast away against a Borg Drone that has adapted to my weapons, but is almost dead. It's generally faster then stopping to remodulate and then fire.

Honestly if the [Borg] damage of ground weapons were not 100% proc rate, I'd never use them. 15 damage is pathetic when compared to NPC Health values.

Archived Post 04-23-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzun (Post 4177751)
Strange when I'm fighting Borb on teh ground with [Borg] weaponry, I always get the 15 kinetic damage when I fire. It's one the reasons, I blast away against a Borg Drone that has adapted to my weapons, but is almost dead. It's generally faster then stopping to remodulate and then fire.

Honestly if the [Borg] damage of ground weapons were not 100% proc rate, I'd never use them. 15 damage is pathetic when compared to NPC Health values.

I noticed that too, hence the the thread. I wanted to know if it was a per shot or per volley, if it's per shot, it makes those low damage, high volume weapons like Full-Auto rifles and Mini-Guns a lot more appealing than they were as the primary fire of the Full-Auto rifle is a three shot burst and would thus do 45 kinetic damage even after the drones have adapted.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 02:34 PM

In the particular case, I don't know. I don't have a [Borg] Mini-gun weapon to test it with. I've trended away from using multi-file weapons after teh Borg changes.

Ooooor maybe I do...I'll have to check after I get off work. I think I have one from the original STF's.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 03:05 PM

This is a 'per-shot' bonus; so every Minigun bolt will get a +15 kinetic damage, which is effective even after adaptation.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magentawolf
This is a 'per-shot' bonus; so every Minigun bolt will get a +15 kinetic damage, which is effective even after adaptation.

That is pretty effectively awesome.