Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   DC three times in a half hour (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267439)

Archived Post 04-21-2012 12:27 AM

DC three times in a half hour

no other computers running, no other programs other than Steam and Firefox running

between about 2:00am CST and 2:30 CST

seems other were reporting similar issues.

Archived Post 04-21-2012 03:20 AM

Confirmed. This morning and up to this point the server connection has been very unstable and jittery (live in Finland, Europe) and have gotten several disconnects. After the disconnect I seem to be unable to log back in for several minutes. Two of the disconnects happened when joining Khitomer Accord Space Elite, two others in sector space while DOFFing.

EDIT 13:42 GMT +2 Just got another while running KASE in my Excelsior.

Archived Post 04-21-2012 03:31 AM

My boyfriend and I we're bothing getting dc'd from around 1 am pst to 3:28 pst, we live in NV, USA. It also put us back in our Elite ground run, but then wouldn't accept my boyfriend back into party, kicked him outta run, and gave him a leave penalty. Very bad system if you ask me. Whatever is causing these crashes fix it soon please. Other people in DS9 we're also complaining about this problem if you send a dev or rep or w/e there you'll prob pick up some conversation about it.
me::(

Archived Post 04-21-2012 03:43 AM

Same. 3 DC in 15 minutes. Sort your **** Cryptic.:(

Archived Post 04-21-2012 03:44 AM

yea the dc's are getting straight up pathetic, been getting dc'ed now like 10 times an hour

Archived Post 04-21-2012 03:46 AM

me too the count went to 300secs and was still countin.

Archived Post 04-21-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starky69 (Post 4174569)
me too the count went to 300secs and was still countin.

If your in the UK I recommend trying to connect via the US proxy (found under options in the launcher). This seems to work around a routing problem outside of Cryptics network. This tip was given to me by another player with Virginmedia as their ISP, so YMMV.

Archived Post 04-21-2012 04:33 AM

Sucks the problem effects me as a U.S. person quite frequently too, should we connect to the euro proxy? *joke*

On a serious note I hope this gets sorted out.

Archived Post 04-21-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munster1
If your in the UK I recommend trying to connect via the US proxy (found under options in the launcher). This seems to work around a routing problem outside of Cryptics network. This tip was given to me by another player with Virginmedia as their ISP, so YMMV.

This works. Thank you.:)

Archived Post 04-21-2012 05:21 AM

This is 1 big problem, how many times will it take, so you don't play anymore. Playing a STF, close to optinal and then you got disconnected, sometimes we can get back in, 1 time got a leaving penalty. This is now the biggest bug in the game, please fix it.