Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   `Borg vs COLD! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267768)

Archived Post 04-23-2012 06:56 PM

`Borg vs COLD!

So can the Borg adapt to cold damage? Via the CRM 200?

I can see them adapting to energy, cause it's what they do... But cold? Nah, doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone know if they do?
-Quiiliitiila

Archived Post 04-23-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila

I can see them adapting to energy, cause it's what they do... But cold? Nah, doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone know if they do?
-Quiiliitiila

Last time I checked (right after remodulators came out), yes. Yes they do.

Archived Post 04-23-2012 11:45 PM

Wow, even Terminators of all types are vulnerable to cold. Borg adaptation is amazing.

What did they do, turn up the heat?

We will be fighting Borg with broomsticks, frying pans and stilleto heels in no time!

Archived Post 04-24-2012 06:18 AM

We've seen in First Contact that ye olde bullets work just fine against Borg. In STO Borg also use this awful invention "personal shields" so you have to drop those first, but why Starfleet isn't issuing good old M16s by now is beyond me. Can't adapt to kinetic damage... no remodulation necessary... but nooo, the military geniuses at Starfleet (and also KDF) still prefer to shoot energy weapons at Borg.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 07:56 AM

My personal favourite against the borg is the ghost busters gun. The name escapes me, something like synchronistic blah blah prototype rifle I think.

The rifle has 2 different energy types in one weapon. The primary is a slow firing anti proton bolt that does good damage and the secondary is unique to this weapon. It's "proton" I think. It's an energy beam that will jump from one target to another a max of 4 or 5 times and does a healthy (or unhealthy?) amount of damage per target. Also if one target in the chain is critted all targets in the chain after it are also critted. Nifty eh?

As they are different energy damage types the borg must adapt to both separately meaning that you are effectively carrying 3 weapons as long as your other weapon is not anti proton.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila

Anyone know if they do?
-Quiiliitiila

I initiated a thread about it. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=266932
I tried it. It doesn't do anything. It can make them slow for a really short time. Breen weapons have something interesting. You can kill your teammates with it :)
I tried the CRM 200 in KA ground normal. The mob didn't care about. My teammate was frozen.
I tried cold grenade. I killed my teammate but not the borgs. I remind his words. "Someone killed me. Who is it?"
Anyway, I tried all of freeze gear from breen. It's useful on teammates but not really on Borg :)

Archived Post 04-25-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
We've seen in First Contact that ye olde bullets work just fine against Borg. In STO Borg also use this awful invention "personal shields" so you have to drop those first, but why Starfleet isn't issuing good old M16s by now is beyond me. Can't adapt to kinetic damage... no remodulation necessary... but nooo, the military geniuses at Starfleet (and also KDF) still prefer to shoot energy weapons at Borg.

Because projectile/bullet weapons are old, archaric, and barbarian!

According to Federation. However if you look at the honor guard shotgun, it's actually designed to be anti-borg.

A: Shotgun setting disruptor.
B: Grenade launcher attached.
C: Bayonets for close quarters.

As opposed to the MACO/Omega Force where it's a plain rifle.

Archived Post 04-25-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalavier (Post 4182273)
Because projectile/bullet weapons are old, archaric, and barbarian!

According to Federation. However if you look at the honor guard shotgun, it's actually designed to be anti-borg.

A: Shotgun setting disruptor.
B: Grenade launcher attached.
C: Bayonets for close quarters.

As opposed to the MACO/Omega Force where it's a plain rifle.

Shush you! Leave the gaping plot holes protecting our gimmicky cyber-zombies be!

Archived Post 04-25-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainoblivous
My personal favourite against the borg is the ghost busters gun. The name escapes me, something like synchronistic blah blah prototype rifle I think.

The rifle has 2 different energy types in one weapon. The primary is a slow firing anti proton bolt that does good damage and the secondary is unique to this weapon. It's "proton" I think. It's an energy beam that will jump from one target to another a max of 4 or 5 times and does a healthy (or unhealthy?) amount of damage per target. Also if one target in the chain is critted all targets in the chain after it are also critted. Nifty eh?

As they are different energy damage types the borg must adapt to both separately meaning that you are effectively carrying 3 weapons as long as your other weapon is not anti proton.

Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle. I flip between using that an the Omega Force Antiproton Carbine as my secondary weapon.

Archived Post 04-25-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo

Sure they can...the two in "First Contact" just got killed before they could adapt to the gunfire.