Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Guest Blog: The Foundry (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267867)

Archived Post 04-24-2012 02:45 PM

Guest Blog: The Foundry

In this Guest Blog, StarbaseUGC stops by to let players know how they can play community-authored Foundry missions, and learn to create their own missions.

Link to the blog.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 02:50 PM

Heres a really crazy idea: when someone unlocks the "Investigate Officer Reports" daily mission in game, maybe include a link or button that links to this blog or the Foundry section on the web site?

Archived Post 04-24-2012 02:53 PM

It was so much fun making this trailer.

It was an honour to be asked to do it.. can't wait until friday ;-P
*is still nervous*

Archived Post 04-24-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerberusfilms (Post 4180011)
It was so much fun making this trailer.

Great job !

Archived Post 04-24-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 4180002)
Heres a really crazy idea: when someone unlocks the "Investigate Officer Reports" daily mission in game, maybe include a link or button that links to this blog or the Foundry section on the web site?

Straight jacket time!!!!!

Quote:

Space…The Final Frontier… For many, these words were the beginning of a journey of imagination, introspection and adventure. When it was announced that Star Trek was going to be coming to the world as a Massively Multiplayer Online game, it was only natural it would attract the interest of fans around the world. Within a year of the games launch, the developers added a feature that gives ANY player of the game a voice rarely available in most online games – the ability to make their own content.
B/c Cryptic obviously can't. :p At times it feels like I'm playing my first phase foundry missions.... :rolleyes: And after Season 5 (or was it 4 hmmm) broke the Foundry for about 2 months....whoosh..there went all the know-how I used to have...learning how to make missions all over again pretty much.. :o

Archived Post 04-24-2012 04:04 PM

Beautifully done Starbase UGC!

Archived Post 04-24-2012 05:56 PM

Great job on both the article and the trailer, but there's one think that sticks out: I believe you have to specifically sign up to become a "Reviewer" before you can access the "Review Content" tab.

I could be wrong, but I don't have that tab so something's up either way.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 05:58 PM

I've wanted to create Foundry missions for a while now...

Archived Post 04-24-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Great job on both the article and the trailer, but there's one think that sticks out: I believe you have to specifically sign up to become a "Reviewer" before you can access the "Review Content" tab.

I could be wrong, but I don't have that tab so something's up either way.

Thanks, im glad you liked it.

The review content tab is one that you have to enable, by signing up to be a reviewer, that tab contains missions that have just been published and have less than 5 ratings. To make it into the main community authored tab, the mission must have 5 ratings.

For most players, there isn't a great need to use that tab as the same content is available in the other tab and they can still review a mission.

Archived Post 04-24-2012 06:38 PM

What mission is the screenshot / thumbnail on the blog entry from? The one that appears on the main sites news feed?