Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Diplomacy vs. Marauder Bridge Officer rewards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=268390)

Archived Post 04-27-2012 05:56 PM

Diplomacy vs. Marauder Bridge Officer rewards

I hit Diplomacy Rank 4 on my Fed awhile ago, and it really took some time to choose what I wanted as a KDF-exchange officer. Nausicaan? Awesome armour. Orion? Yeah, there's that "token Orion Slave girl" thing that could be an option. Everyone's thought of it at some point. In the end I went with Gorn, for the imposing height over my otherwise all-human crew and for the "Bite" racial. I haven't regretted it since. KDF officers have a lot to offer!

So yesterday (or was it the day before?) I hit Marauder Rank 4 on my KDF main. I went to the vendor, and it's taking me awhile to choose again. Not because we have so many fantastic options, mind you, but because this time I feel like I'm choosing the officer I dislike the least. I had hoped that maybe there'd be something fun, like Caitian, or Aenar available (particularly to those who've bought them before on Fed). But we've got the standard, human/near human fare along with Ferengi...

I'm curious, to all those of you on Fedside who (unlike me) use a more varied crew outside of Humans and Saurians and those of you KDF-side who've already hit Marauder, what's your take on the options available to us as Marauder exchange-officers?

-J

Archived Post 04-27-2012 08:02 PM

I havn't hit D4 Fedside, I rarely play them, but I didn't even take the BO on my Klingons that have M4.
None really appealed to me and I only have 1 space left in most of my rosters and didn't want to waste it.

Archived Post 04-27-2012 08:30 PM

My bridge crew is made up of the following

Starting female Andorian
Borg ENG
Borg Sci
Jem'Hadar
Trill Starter female
Breen Tac.

I'm about 18k from rank 4 diplomacy but I like the idea of the gorn... only because I plan to refer to him as the ships counselor.

Crewman: I've just bee depressed lately...

Gorn: Well, stop it or I'll eat you.

Archived Post 04-28-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foundrelic
I'm about 18k from rank 4 diplomacy but I like the idea of the gorn... only because I plan to refer to him as the ships counselor.

Crewman: I've just bee depressed lately...

Gorn: Well, stop it or I'll eat you.

Yep, I laughed out loud at that one. Nice :)

-J

Archived Post 04-30-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectreofwar (Post 4186844)

I'm curious, to all those of you on Fedside who (unlike me) use a more varied crew outside of Humans and Saurians and those of you KDF-side who've already hit Marauder, what's your take on the options available to us as Marauder exchange-officers?

-J

Hmm. I might want to get a Vulcan. Though Andorian is temping as well. (From the Fed Tutorial choice, I almost always take the Female Andorian. She's hot for a blue chick with antennaes.)

Archived Post 04-30-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully (Post 4189772)
Hmm. I might want to get a Vulcan. Though Andorian is temping as well. (From the Fed Tutorial choice, I almost always take the Female Andorian. She's hot for a blue chick with antennaes.)

A Vulcan might get a little intimidated by my crew... although it'd be funny to watch his logic break under pressure with Gorn, Lethean, Breen and Nausicaan bunkmates.

I'm still no closer to actually making a choice. Le sigh.

-J

Archived Post 05-01-2012 01:05 AM

On Fed side I have a good mix.

3 Humans
1 Vulcan
1 Andorian
1 Bajoran
1 Trill
2 Orions (diplo reward)

On KDF side I am rollplaying a pirate, so I have a mix of all races as well.

3 klingons
1 Jem Hadar
1 Gorn
1 Vulcan (using generic alien)
1 Andorian (Marauder reward)
2 Orions