Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Deep Space Science Wessel vs. LR Science Wessel Retrofit... WT? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=268463)

Archived Post 04-28-2012 02:12 PM

Deep Space Science Wessel vs. LR Science Wessel Retrofit... WT?
 
So I hit VA and bought the LR Science Wessel Retrofit sight unseen - then started looking at the differences and thought "WTF?"

Why would you choose the retrofit LRSV over the DSSV? DSSV has more hull, more crew, same weapons and console slots, and has 2x Eng BO's and 2x Science vs 1x Eng and 3x Science.

Shouldn't their rank requirements be reversed? (DSSV should require VA and LRSV retro should require RALH.)

Archived Post 04-29-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevok (Post 4187789)
So I hit VA and bought the LR Science Wessel Retrofit sight unseen - then started looking at the differences and thought "WTF?"

Why would you choose the retrofit LRSV over the DSSV? DSSV has more hull, more crew, same weapons and console slots, and has 2x Eng BO's and 2x Science vs 1x Eng and 3x Science.

Shouldn't their rank requirements be reversed? (DSSV should require VA and LRSV retro should require RALH.)

No, because the most effiiciant build u can get on a science vessel is only possible on the LRSV-R, find my thread and you will understand why.

Archived Post 04-29-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygone (Post 4188314)
No, because the most effiiciant build u can get on a science vessel is only possible on the LRSV-R, find my thread and you will understand why.

^Matter of opinion

Archived Post 04-29-2012 05:17 AM

The DSSV turns like a pregnant yak...requiring you to broadside and with the number of Sci Boff abilities that run off of your deflector and thus requiring the target to be in your forward firing arc, broadsiding is not an optimal combat tactic for any Sci ship.

I run a Bellerophon retrofit using a modified version of Cygone's build and I chew through opponents like a woodchipper. Trust him.

Archived Post 04-29-2012 05:29 AM

it is really a missed opportunity by cryptic that none of the ships or even pets available in the c-store are a 'Nuclear Wessel'

Archived Post 04-29-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
^Matter of opinion

Yeah.

I should have specified - I solo 99.99999% of the time and need the control and such that science abilities provide. And the survival stuff that engineering ones give.

Therefore, the DSSV is definitely better than the LRSV-R for how I play.

Archived Post 04-29-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevok (Post 4187789)
So I hit VA and bought the LR Science Wessel Retrofit sight unseen - then started looking at the differences and thought "WTF?"

Why would you choose the retrofit LRSV over the DSSV? DSSV has more hull, more crew, same weapons and console slots, and has 2x Eng BO's and 2x Science vs 1x Eng and 3x Science.

Shouldn't their rank requirements be reversed? (DSSV should require VA and LRSV retro should require RALH.)

are you talking the FIRST refit with the ablative armor or the bellophoron with whatever console it has?

personally i like the boff layout on the Recce

Archived Post 04-29-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevok (Post 4188457)
Yeah.

I should have specified - I solo 99.99999% of the time and need the control and such that science abilities provide. And the survival stuff that engineering ones give.

Therefore, the DSSV is definitely better than the LRSV-R for how I play.

Yea, I flew a DSSV for over two years with my Engineer... I never once felt subpar to the LRSV-R...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.