Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Klingon vs Federation: Arena (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=269254)

Archived Post 05-04-2012 01:15 AM

Klingon vs Federation: Arena

I love PvP for this game, but it is hard to get anyone to jump in as a Klingon and to make it worse. When you do get a Fed vs Klingon in PvP Arena, the FED Players bail.

This has happened to me more times than I like and it gets old fast. I mean might as well drop PvP Ground, you get into one and WHAM!! The Fed players bail....

Archived Post 05-04-2012 01:27 AM

If we're talking about ground PVP, I've never found that. At the moment i'm trying to get my PVP accolades sorted, and that means killing X amount of klinks on the ground, sadly I cant do that as everytime I look at the queues, it's full of feds waiting to fight you, but only 1 or 2 klinks. If the Emplire doesen't bother signing up to fight on the ground then I cant kill or be killed by them.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 01:42 AM

Yeah I love PvP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 (Post 4198370)
If we're talking about ground PVP, I've never found that. At the moment i'm trying to get my PVP accolades sorted, and that means killing X amount of klinks on the ground, sadly I cant do that as everytime I look at the queues, it's full of feds waiting to fight you, but only 1 or 2 klinks. If the Emplire doesen't bother signing up to fight on the ground then I cant kill or be killed by them.

All I know is that when I get into a PVP Ground vs the Fed's they bail...

Archived Post 05-04-2012 01:45 AM

Hi, just to qualify myself, I play KDF almost all the time in the last month. What can I say, it's LOLground. I prefer space combat. Did not even know there were such things as PvP accolades and I PvP quite a bit. Never really been an accolade hound.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 10:25 AM

Unfortunately, most of the Federation who hop into the FvK queues are greenhorn rookies who flee in terror at the first sight of actual resistance. They die three or four times, get ****ed, throw their keyboard across the room and ragequit the map. I'm trying to rally some of the better Federation players from the FvF queues to get into the FvK queues too, as I also want my accolades.

However, the same holds true. There needs to be more Klingons (good or bad) in the ground queues too. This is the exact reason I quit PvP on my Orion; Ground PvP goes nowhere on that faction, and when it does, the matches don't start because too few people clicked accept.

Hopefully with all of the ground information Pug01 is pouring out into the forums lately, people will bulk up, learn some skills and tactics and present a challenge to you guys, and even get more Klingons into the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 (Post 4198370)

Hang out around Otha every now and then, or better yet, do a /who Otha and scan for KDF players. It's a slow process and a complete crapshoot, but you might find one or two there every now and then to use as target practice.

But yeah, more KDF to the queues please :V

Archived Post 05-04-2012 10:52 AM

PvP Ground Tactics 101:
Throw a plasma grenade on the respawn point and shoot the guy who tries to respawn before his disabled status is cleared, rinse, repeat.

This is my main objection to how Ground PvP plays out. I consider it a chump move and will not participate in such a battle, no matter which side is doing it.

Random respawn points might help with this, but there would have to be more potential respawn points than players in the battle.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 12:10 PM

Even in space I do my best not to spawn camp. Now if my host refuses to move away from their spawn point, well poor tactical decisions, in a relative way, are there own rewards.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian334
PvP Ground Tactics 101:
Throw a plasma grenade on the respawn point and shoot the guy who tries to respawn before his disabled status is cleared, rinse, repeat.

This is my main objection to how Ground PvP plays out. I consider it a chump move and will not participate in such a battle, no matter which side is doing it.

Random respawn points might help with this, but there would have to be more potential respawn points than players in the battle.

What does that have to do with anything? This is about Federation v Klingon arenas, not cheap *** tactics.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radkip (Post 4199512)
What does that have to do with anything? This is about Federation v Klingon arenas, not cheap *** tactics.

I think he was trying to explain why he doesn't queue or play out entire matches, maybe... not sure though.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian334
PvP Ground Tactics 101:

Hmm i seen this in the space que too, so dont say its only on ground, i seen in some matches, the oppenent flys right over to the others spawn and shoots them down befor they can move, so its not just on ground they do this, its just called being cheap to get a kill