Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Sets for Kitty Karrier (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=269291)

Archived Post 05-04-2012 09:16 AM

Sets for Kitty Karrier

The Jem'Hadar set seems pretty good for the Atrox. But I haven't experimented with the others, e.g. MACO Omega Borg Aegis. Thoughts?

Archived Post 05-04-2012 09:25 AM

tried the aegis set i usually have on my sovy on the atrox but didnt like it at all - just felt like someone had run those rope-lights over the skin of the ship (even more so than on other ships). there seemed to be a color clash my eyes didnt like either.

i agree 100% on the JH set though - looks great on the big cat carrier.

even if folks dont want to mess up the ship look with set visuals - i noticed there are a couple of different paint jobs in the customiser - strips & frills - which can be used to give the existing paint job a couple of different tiger stripe effects

Archived Post 05-04-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liath
tried the aegis set i usually have on my sovy on the atrox but didnt like it at all - just felt like someone had run those rope-lights over the skin of the ship (even more so than on other ships). there seemed to be a color clash my eyes didnt like either.

i agree 100% on the JH set though - looks great on the big cat carrier.

even if folks dont want to mess up the ship look with set visuals - i noticed there are a couple of different paint jobs in the customiser - strips & frills - which can be used to give the existing paint job a couple of different tiger stripe effects

You can disable visual effect at will. If you like the Aegis set for its stats.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 10:23 AM

The Borg set not only looks great but I've also found it works well for PVE and STF's.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBSneak
The Borg set not only looks great but I've also found it works well for PVE and STF's.

I agree,

The Borg set looks cool on the Atrox and is quite effective.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 02:16 PM

Are you talking about visuals or actual stats? I remember JamzJamz saying the MACO looks nice on it, but i don't have that set yet to try it out. As far as the borg set, I can't say I have liked it on any ship yet and I doubt I would like it on the sleek reflective material that the Atrox has. Now the reman shield should look pretty sweet on it. I agree with the other replies that the Jemmy set should look nice with the dark blues of the skin. I'm also thinking the breen set being sci oriented would work well visually and stat wise as well.

hmmm... this is giving me ideas of what to work on this weekend.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 03:10 PM

If you're seeking to see what sets look like on it, hang around DS9. I saw pretty much every set on the Atrox around there yesterday. I personally think it looks nice with Aegis, MACO, and Borg without shield. I don't think I saw any with Omega, though.

Set abilities wise, based on my experience with the very similar (but free) Vo'Quv:
Borg 3 price set with Maco or Aegis shields for tanking.
Aegis set if you're a Sci captain, but avoid with Eng or Tac captains.
Omega shields are interesting, gives a nice boost of speed and turnrate whenever you get hit. I don't have the 3 piece to try, but it could be a fun set.
Looking at full Maco set, I don't think it'd work that great on a carrier. The Klingon Honor Guard set has specific enhancements for carriers that the Maco lacks.

Archived Post 05-04-2012 07:41 PM

im rusing the reman set on it, the extra sheilds helps it last a lil longer vs cubes.