Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Terran Empire Ship Skins? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=269414)

Archived Post 05-05-2012 05:50 AM

Terran Empire Ship Skins?

I was wondering since the Enterprise and TOS mirror uniforms are available, why not add the skins for both the 25th century mirror universe and the Enterprise era skins for starships? I do know in ST: Enterprise, the terrans not only had "I.S.S." but they also had the globe and sword on opposite sides of the I.S.S. registry.

It would be cool if at some point, you can add both the current and Enterprise era terran empire ship skins. I already have the Enterprise era terran uniform, might as well get the ship skin to match

Archived Post 05-05-2012 08:37 AM

I agree that there should be some sort of skin or even just a pattern that makes the ships look like the Terran Empire ones. That would open up Terran Empire incursions for people that like to roleplay and also give some more variety. Yes you can someone replicate it with different equipment set visuals, but then you are locked into whatever stats those have.

Archived Post 05-05-2012 08:41 AM

if found your decals for Terran Empire Ships Skin Decals

Archived Post 05-06-2012 09:25 AM

use the jem`hadar shields

Archived Post 05-07-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake346

but what about the I.S.S. and the fact that not every ship is purple?

Archived Post 05-07-2012 03:23 PM

There is material for Terran ships, Material 5 (which you'll notice is missing if you have a new ship able to use Material 6).

It would be nice if they made Material 5 available to players.

Archived Post 05-07-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake346

Which makes a ship, surprisingly, look Jem'Hadar, not Terran Empire. But thanks for the suggestion.

Archived Post 05-20-2012 11:12 PM

kinda necro in bringing this thread up, but i would really like the devs or anyone who designed the ships for STO to see this thread, I'm anxious on whether or not they would consider adding a skin pack for either the 25th century or the enterprise era terran empire ship skins, or at the very least release a registry pack to buy the "I.S.S." registry like you can for the "NX" one for your ships. Trying to imitate the 25th century terran ships with jem'hadar shields just turns my carrier light grey

Archived Post 05-21-2012 01:06 AM

im totally for this but sorry to burst your bubble but the community has been asking since the the start for this and nothings happened despite how easy it would be to add the ISS prefix or even more fleet emblems etc. doesnt look likely

Archived Post 05-24-2012 07:18 PM

But they could even add it to the C-Store! Like the NX and such. They could even have a "terran empire pack" with both the uniforms another ship texture and the I.S.S. registry. Sure some people argue continuity, but i can switch between the Dreadnought, D'Kora, and TOS Constitution on a whim, as a Seven foot tall Cat. Your Continuity is invalid, i want my awesome.