Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Another thread asking for help (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=269490)

Archived Post 05-05-2012 04:09 PM

Another thread asking for help

I'm trying to put in a ship that will fight the player. Ideally, I want it to be the characteristic of a battleship, or a NaQ'Var, something like that, but with the skin of a BOP. I can either put in a NPC contact and change the skin, but then the ship just sits there, or I can put in a battlecruser group, but I can't change the skin. Anyone know how I can do this?

I'm also wanting a shuttle on the ground map to appear after a set dialogue. I tried it, but when I previewed the map, the shuttle was there at the start, and then dissapeared after the dialogue (basically the reverse of what I want to happen).

I'll most likely have more questions at some point.

Archived Post 05-05-2012 04:46 PM

You can change the skin of an individual actor in a group by clicking on the individual actor in the group. Knowing which of those red dots will appear on the map is tougher, because of scaling.

On the shuttle, it sounds like you have the trigger set up backwards.

You can get realtime help with your questions here.

Archived Post 05-05-2012 05:06 PM

If you want to fight you will need to put in an NPC group. If you want it one specific named ship then I would recommend using a cruiser group.

The following post will help you understand why.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...ling-for-npcs/

You'll notice in the battleship group there is the first battleship. the 1,2,3 next to it's name means that this actual battleship will appear when there are 1 2 or 3 players in the group. If you want to have one specific named ship in all group sizes you will have to name that the Dreadnought that appear in a group of 4 and the Dreadnough that appears in a group of 5.

In carrier it's much simpler. You can just name the first one.

If you just want to re-custume Battleship or Dreadnought level mobs as BoPs you can easily do that with either.

Either way to acheive your goal you will need to edit each individual actor that you want to change. There is a costume button that you can use to set it to look like a BoP and there is the contact text box which will change it's display name. You will need to do this to all actors you change the costumes on otherwise the battleship, dreadnought or cruiser name will appear and it won't look good.

Archived Post 05-06-2012 06:17 AM

ah, so thats how you change the name. I've found how to change skins on ground people (Orion women ripping up the floor and throwing it at you. Classic), but hadn't yet figured out the naming. and all my customs are appearing as ugc content. Thanks. I hadn't found the skin button on combat ships though. I'll check through those links.

Fo the shuttle, I have it so the state goes

invisible - when: immediantly - visible - when: dialogue prompt reached.

I'll have a play around with the triggers, see what happens. Thanks guys.

Archived Post 05-06-2012 06:22 AM

For the shuttle it should go like this:
Invisible => when: dialogue prompt reached. => Visible => Never

Archived Post 05-07-2012 03:21 AM

Ah, so the when is for the state after it in the chain, not prior it. That actually explains quite a few little glitches I have.

Archived Post 05-09-2012 06:44 AM

I have a question too...

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I thought it might be better to not make a separate thread.( if I am wrong then sorry)
Anyways, My question is about changing the name of your project. Currently, unpublished, I have a name for my foundry project. But now I am finished and beleive a name change is in order. (BTW I hate that we have to choose a name before the project is done..oh well i guess) So I tried changing the name but it won't change...Am I stuck with this name or is there some magical way I can change this?? Thanks for any answers and sorry if this is a stupid question.

Archived Post 05-09-2012 07:37 AM

you have to change it right before you publish (and then publish without exitting),then the name will stick,otherwise it keeps resetting for some reason.

Archived Post 05-09-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_Ryu
you have to change it right before you publish (and then publish without exitting),then the name will stick,otherwise it keeps resetting for some reason.

OK thanks! And just to clarify I have to change the name, hit publish and not exit until the publishing is done, right?

Archived Post 05-09-2012 08:04 AM

Ooo, that name change question is a good one, as I'll probably be changing mine as well (changed the name of the planet so it would not conflict with another IP).

I found another quesiton. I have it so you go up to a console, press a button, then there is a large camera shake fx explosion followed by some dialogue. I've tried messing around with the states and behaviour, set it to go when the objective is done, when it is in progress, but it always seems to be in the wrong place (either too early, going when the pop up to press the button appears, or well after the dialogue which references the explosion). Ideally it should go between pressing the button and the dialogue popup. I would try rigging it so it goes when dialogue prompt is reached, but that dialogue tree is not listed. Is that because when I made the dialogue, I did it from the dialogue menu instead of placing a speech bubble on the map? If so, is there a quick way to copy that tree onto the map, or do I need to write out the entire thing again?