Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Cat Carrier needs universal Lt. Cmdr slot (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=269507)

Archived Post 05-05-2012 06:40 PM

Cat Carrier needs universal Lt. Cmdr slot

Having played on the Klingon side for months with a few different carriers, I can say that with only one carrier to choose from on the Fed side, the Cat carrier really needs the Lt. Cmdr Science station to be a universal station so there's at least some ability to customize it to fit your play style.

Archived Post 05-05-2012 06:47 PM

that would make it a nebula. I think its fine as it is. Wait for the next federation carrier.

Archived Post 05-05-2012 07:19 PM

doesn't need a damn thing. it's a sci ship with hangers.

Archived Post 05-05-2012 08:35 PM

You haven't flown a Kar'fi have you?

Archived Post 05-05-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weezedog

Kar'fi's don't have universal slots. The only reason they have a LTC tactical and a Lt Tactical is because they are a Battle Carrier.

Besides, doesn't the Federation not put as much emphasis on battle as the Klingons? Or at used to?

Archived Post 05-05-2012 08:57 PM

There are people that make bad suggestions, then there are people that make baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad suggestions.

Archived Post 05-06-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliftona91
Kar'fi's don't have universal slots. The only reason they have a LTC tactical and a Lt Tactical is because they are a Battle Carrier.

Besides, doesn't the Federation not put as much emphasis on battle as the Klingons? Or at used to?

They also do not get all the built in skills of a sci ship like the sci carriers do, meaning they dont get the targeting abilities or the enhanced cloak detection.

Archived Post 05-06-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weezedog

The only thing that the kar'fi (Or Karp as some like to call it) has in common with the klingon sci carrier and the fed cat carrier is that they can both spam fighters. Oh and it dosent have any uni slots either so i have no idea where you got the idea the Flying Kittybox should have them.

Archived Post 05-06-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paneth
The only thing that the kar'fi (Or Karp as some like to call it) has in common with the klingon sci carrier and the fed cat carrier is that they can both spam fighters. Oh and it dosent have any uni slots either so i have no idea where you got the idea the Flying Kittybox should have them.

I have a feeling he just wants the Lt. commander to be universal since the oddy has one.

Archived Post 05-06-2012 07:03 AM

Kitty carrier is a sci ship , Vo'quv is a sci ship, karp is a tac ship

oddy=Multirole hence the uni slot

Bop=Multirole

people need to learn to play ships designed for their class or stop complaining