Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   "You Might Be a Trekkie" (Jeff Foxworthy Inspired) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=270003)

Archived Post 05-09-2012 09:08 PM

"You Might Be a Trekkie" (Jeff Foxworthy Inspired)

Okay guys I know there are jokester's in here so let's see them.

If you've ever seen Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck, if...." parody then you'll know just what to say.

I'm not good but I will start.....

If you are having an argument with your wife and you hear "Shields Up, Red Alert" in your head......you might be a Trekkie.

Archived Post 05-09-2012 09:31 PM

You end debates at home, by pointing a toy phaser at whomever you debate with.:D

Archived Post 05-09-2012 09:43 PM

I work in a call center just now and instead of using the correct ending phrase I just blurted out.....

"<My Name> Out" (Just like Picard...)

Man I felt dumb when I found out that was one of our QA monitored calls...

Archived Post 05-09-2012 10:14 PM

You might be a trekie if your dog is named General Martok, and your Ball Python Gul Dukat.:)

Archived Post 05-09-2012 10:18 PM

You manage to regularly use the term "Structural Integrity" in normal conversation.

Archived Post 05-09-2012 10:26 PM

You might be a trekkie, if you're like me, and use "engage" at every opportunity.

You might be a trekkie, if you're like me, and have the tricorder app on your iPhone.

Archived Post 05-10-2012 12:45 AM

You teach your ENTIRE office to communicate like they're the Enterprise-D bridge crew, with your company director as Picard. Mix in VOY (Janeway) and DS9 (Sisko) to match staff personality.

"Miss Catherine, bring up Thursday's completion files. In my ready room in 5."
"Law Society regulations prohibit us from entertaining any unnecessary haggling over this point. "
"Rider Lim, report on status of exercise option beta 3."
"Carmen to Ops, activate emergency dispatch protocols."

It's a bit of showboating but the local Asian clientele love the display, partly because Star Trek was and is never a big thing here and they have NO IDEA why we're communicating in this manner. And that's why my firm does better than the rest in these trying economic conditions whist providing superior customer service :3

A little friendly drama a day, keeps employee morale high. And yes I bring up Star Trek topics during directors' meetings too. My favourite is the topic mentioning the US Navy did use the Enterprise bridge for an efficiency study, and how I use 'canon style' comms in STO to lead roleplaying and elite STF groups.

I also play Odo's role should there be any instances of client-side violence or discrimination directed at my girls. I know the fastest means to 'activate duty officers' to 'contain the riot' in less time than it takes for a crowd to gather outside the door. I have a lot of 'military XP' IRL thanks to numerous RL equivalents of tactical doff missions for the past decade or so :3

"Move along, nothing to see here."

Archived Post 05-10-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seseron
You might be a trekkie, if you're like me, and use "engage" at every opportunity.

You might be a trekkie, if you're like me, and have the tricorder app on your iPhone.

Got the App, but I have an Evo 4G Android phone. I picked the Android OS because of LCDR. Data :D

Oh and I have the LCARS interface App as well

Archived Post 05-10-2012 04:25 AM

You might be a trekkie if

1 You swear in Klingon when your internet goes down

2 You have ordered "Tea Earl grey Hot" in starbucks (boy does that confuse them)

3 if you refer to your photocopier as a "document replicator"

4 If you have ever uttered the phrase "Its Dead Jim" without thinking about it

5 If in moments of stress you Grip the arm of your chair and lean forwards

6 and this one only for the Gentlemen out there If your shirt rips in a dramatic way (revealing your abs) for no apparent reason

Archived Post 05-10-2012 04:31 AM

If your computer have that name : UFP

And all of your HD have name from diferent Star Fleet ships...

Guilty!

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.