Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Belfast Bridge (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=270008)

Archived Post 05-09-2012 10:30 PM

Belfast Bridge

I'm planning on getting the Defiant retrofit when my character hits Admiral, and I'd really like to get the Belfast bridge for it. I was just wondering if this bridge was only available as part of the DS9 bundle pack, or whether it could be purchased separately. I can't really see myself using the Vedek costumes, or the Bajoran weapons. Basically, I'd be buying the pack for the DS9 Admiral's uniform, and the Belfast Bridge. Possibly the Chaffee as well, depending on whether it's a better option than the Danube class Runabout.

Archived Post 05-09-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diotw
I'm planning on getting the Defiant retrofit when my character hits Admiral, and I'd really like to get the Belfast bridge for it. I was just wondering if this bridge was only available as part of the DS9 bundle pack, or whether it could be purchased separately. I can't really see myself using the Vedek costumes, or the Bajoran weapons. Basically, I'd be buying the pack for the DS9 Admiral's uniform, and the Belfast Bridge. Possibly the Chaffee as well, depending on whether it's a better option than the Danube class Runabout.

It is only part of the bundle.

I haven't even looked at the Vedek robes.

I gave the weapons to a couple of my Bajoran Boffs. I wish I could put the robes on them, but I didn't see them as an option. Maybe they are in the off duty tab?

The Doffs were the hidden gem. I use them every day on some mission or another. I even slot them sometimes.

I basically got the Doffs, the bridge, a non-combat pet, and the admirals uniform.

I haven't even flown my Chaffee... Glad I have it because I collect shuttles, but I never actually got it out of the shuttle bay. It's basically a +1 Type-8. It's +1 is emergency power to engines... maybe we should start calling it +.1

Edit: It also has +1500 hull and console slots, but turns slower. So it is better then a Type-8, but the Danube still beats it, IMO. Danube has +500 hull over that, the better turn of the Type-8, and a tractor beam.

I'd like the bridge a lot more if my ready room door didn't open and close over and over and over and over and over...

Archived Post 05-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmym
It is only part of the bundle.

The Chafe is barely better then the Type-8. In a word, it's junk. It's pretty, and it gives a non-combat pet, but the Danube is better.

I haven't even looked at the Vedek robes.

I gave the weapons to a couple of my Bajoran Boffs. I wish I could put the robes on them, but I didn't see them as an option. Maybe they are in the off duty tab?

The Doffs were the hidden gem. I use them every day on some mission or another. I even slot them sometimes.

I basically got the Doffs, the bridge, a non-combat pet, and the admirals uniform.

I haven't even flown my Chaffee... Glad I have it because I collect shuttles, but I never actually got it out of the shuttle bay. It's basically a +1 Type-8. It's +1 is emergency power to engines... maybe we should start calling it +.1

I'd like the bridge a lot more if my ready room door didn't open and close over and over and over and over and over...

The robes are indeed under Off Duty, so not available for BOFFs.

The DOFFs are great.

And, the Chaffee is a Type-10 shuttle. So, compared to the Type-8, it would be +2.. :D

Archived Post 05-09-2012 11:04 PM

So, how does the Chaffee compare to the Danube? On my first character I bought a Danube fairly early on, and used that for all the shuttle based missions. I hear the default free shuttle isn't much to write home about, so if the Chaffee is any good in combat then it would give me a little extra incentive to buy the bundle.

Archived Post 05-11-2012 04:10 AM

I have the bundle, and absolutely love it. There simply is nothing quite like your Defiant-class (my flagship) looking the part inside and out. The uniform also looks great, and is more detailed than the DS9 uniforms in its clarity.

I use the Vedek robes now and then (mostly for Admiral Clergyman situations when I dress all in black with a white collar), but if fancy dress isn't your thing then it's just going to sit as an option not doing very much.

Archived Post 05-11-2012 04:32 AM

I use the vedek robes in a nice blue with yellow trim (blue and yellow are important cultural colours for my character) when he's off duty. They look pretty spiffy.

I just started playing my retro Defiant with this proper bridge, and honestly, I think the bundle was worth it. But then, I do use everything from it. You could always give the bajoran weapons to one of your boffs, as they do level up with you.

I haven't played with the type 10 shuttle in any combat situations, but just zipping around earth in it, it seems slightly more manouverable than a runabout, but not as fast. And I believe it has less slots for things (though I could be wrong, can't remember off the top of my head on that one).

If you do get it though, play the DS9 theme on repeat the first time you visit your bridge. It just adds to the whole atmosphere.

Archived Post 05-11-2012 06:20 PM

The type-10 is also, because of its size, much better for flying around friends' new ships and getting a feel for what they look like :D

Archived Post 05-11-2012 11:01 PM

How much of the bundle is character locked? For instance, are the costumes made available to every character on the account? Is it the same with the bridge? I would imagine the in game items like the weapons, DOFFS, and shuttlecraft are locked to the character who purchases the bundle.

Archived Post 05-12-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diotw
How much of the bundle is character locked? For instance, are the costumes made available to every character on the account? Is it the same with the bridge? I would imagine the in game items like the weapons, DOFFS, and shuttlecraft are locked to the character who purchases the bundle.

It's a C-store purchase. It's open to all characters on the account, however only certain items are cross faction (no belfast bridge, DS9 uniforms, CHaffee shuttle, etc for Klingons).

Archived Post 05-13-2012 04:00 AM

I considered getting the bridge, but the overall price was just a bit too steep for me. Pity, because I really like the looks of the interior. I'd have purchased the separate bridge though.