Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   While in Combat (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=271150)

Archived Post 05-19-2012 06:12 PM

While in Combat

While in combat there should be a lot more interaction between the bridge officers. Such as them talking to each other, updating you on ship status, ect. Battles in the game feel kind of lifeless sometimes without your officers giving you advice. It doesn't even need to be talking, it could be a small text in a corner or something

That's one thing that would make the game better. At least for me.

Archived Post 05-20-2012 11:30 PM

And that is one thing that would absolutely kill cloaking devices.

Every time a BOFF pipes up, your cloaking device drops. Essentially even a Battle Cloak would be useless.

And personally I don't want the BOFFs to have a constant stream of chatter ongoing while I'm trying to play the game. Can't you just use your imagination?

Archived Post 05-21-2012 12:21 AM

Don't think the Boff thing would work but a few voice overs tied to certain powers would be nice. Similar to the computer telling you when a targets shields are down etc. One for self destruct, abandon ship, fleet support, maybe even a warp core going critical notification before you explode. Just to add more trekness. Self destruct with a countdown would be awesome. One for mvam mode

Archived Post 05-21-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKnight1000
And that is one thing that would absolutely kill cloaking devices.

Every time a BOFF pipes up, your cloaking device drops. Essentially even a Battle Cloak would be useless.

And personally I don't want the BOFFs to have a constant stream of chatter ongoing while I'm trying to play the game. Can't you just use your imagination?

He means not the pop up dialogue screen that auto shuts off engines/cloak/whatnot.

I think he means something else.

Archived Post 05-21-2012 09:07 AM

You mean like in Bridge Commander? I guess I wouldn't mind that, though they would have to figure out a way to do the voice's, because I don't want a ton of text going across my screen as they give me status updates. It would be cool to hear my tac officer say "starboard shield buckling!" as it's getting hit pretty heavily. Or "BREACH! On Deck..." And then name some random deck.

Archived Post 05-21-2012 11:59 AM

And your charming Vulcan Tac officer roars "Victory my captain their blood flows like water"
or that rather gruff Breen you have on sciences says "Engaging tractor beams sir , and I do like your hair"
Or a male voice issues from your female Andorian engineer

Archived Post 05-21-2012 12:41 PM

It would be nice to have a Bridge Officer bark 'Shields Up' much like Riker in TNG. Have it as a toggle, of course.

I remember a while ago, someone was looking into voicing the bridge officers pop up with with a text to voice tech, something like that would be nice.

Archived Post 05-21-2012 12:48 PM

only if we get to choose the voice

Archived Post 05-21-2012 02:54 PM

How much real cash are you willing to pony up to get the requisite number and variety of voice clips recorded, edited, and distributed? (And how much additional disk space do you want to devote to them?)

And after the novelty wears off in a couple of months, when you start asking "How do I make these chatterboxes shut up?"...

As for the text-only version, unless you put them in a window that nearly everybody will ignore anyway -- Player attention being focused on the ship and environment rather than looking at whatever the Ops officer is saying...

Archived Post 05-21-2012 03:49 PM

Depends on the voice
Id pay for some of them