Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Earth Spacedock (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   A little insight (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=271318)

Archived Post 05-21-2012 12:34 PM

A little insight
 
I'm seeing alot of people just sending random invites and friend requests to any character not in a fleet. In an MMO setting that is considered rude for the invite to just be sent without first speaking to the person and finding out if he/she wishes to join your group or be your friend. A little courtesy goes along way when it comes to things people let be polite and have the fun the game was intended to be even though there are some who think they are the best.

Archived Post 05-21-2012 12:40 PM

these things happen in all MMO's... best just to ignore the person and move on with your life !!! ;)

Archived Post 05-21-2012 12:50 PM

Most people that bother to read/post on the forums are probably aware of this, but I have seen an irritating amount of this since I've been back. Friend invites from people I've never even talked to in game, fleet invite spams from people I've never grouped with. WTH?

I think the most egregious are the kiddies trying to form their own fleet. Just a few days ago, I kept getting a team invite at the BOFF trainer. After the 3rd declined team invite, I sent him a tell asking him to stop spamming me. After the 5th, I publicly told him to stop. After the 6th one, I told him I'd flag him for harassment if he invited me again. He said "but I'm trying to form a fleet", to which I said "frickin ask people instead of spamming them". If he had just asked the first time, I would have helped, but after that...

Archived Post 05-21-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowwulfe (Post 4225272)
I'm seeing alot of people just sending random invites and friend requests to any character not in a fleet. In an MMO setting that is considered rude for the invite to just be sent without first speaking to the person and finding out if he/she wishes to join your group or be your friend. A little courtesy goes along way when it comes to things people let be polite and have the fun the game was intended to be even though there are some who think they are the best.

I agree. I have been spammed every time I play, especially when I am browsing for new bridge officers or a new starship. While I am considering joining a fleet, it would be nice if they talked to me beforehand so I could get to know the person first. Getting asked out of the blue reminds me of a blind date.

Archived Post 05-21-2012 05:26 PM

That's why I finally turned off tells.

It's a pity though that the devs can't get that reject response right. Says I have the sender on ignore. Has caused issues in the past.

Archived Post 05-21-2012 10:59 PM

I always flag them as spammers and if 4 others do that they will get a 24 hour ban on chat ;)

Archived Post 05-22-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Bailey
I always flad them as spammers and if 4 others do that they will get a 24 hour ban on chat ;)

Then they come here to the forums crying and whining about how innocent they are and how dare they been silenced and the devs need to do something about the abuse that they're facing.

Archived Post 05-22-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theapparatus (Post 4226229)
Then they come here to the forums crying and whining about how innocent they are and how dare they been silenced and the devs need to do something about the abuse that they're facing.

And isn't it funny how quickly they make themselves out to be the victims?

Archived Post 05-22-2012 02:02 PM

One other advantage of being in a 'legitimate' fleet.... No more random spam fleet invites. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM.