Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Voth, A Saurian Dinosaur Species For Starfeet (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=271401)

Archived Post 05-22-2012 08:35 AM

Voth, A Saurian Dinosaur Species For Starfeet

The Episode was Distant Origin from Star Trek Voyager
About Our long lost dinosaurs and the way it ended gave me hope that they could one day find thier way back home just like voyager did

Professor Gegen and his assistant Veer find the remains of a Starfleet officer in a cave on an alien world. Gegen feels the evidence holds the key to the real origins of his race, the Voth, a saurian species that he suspects got its start in a distant part of the galaxy. The "Distant Origin" theory contradicts the doctrine of Chief Minister Odala and the powerful Voth elders, who believe the Voth were the first intelligent beings to evolve in the quadrant. The elders are unreceptive to his claims, but Gegen finds a clue on the deceased's uniform: the name of a ship called "Voyager."

Gegen and Veer trace Voyager's path across the Delta Quadrant and finally find the ship itself. Thanks to their sophisticated cloaking technology, the Voth are able to transport onto the ship and observe the crew undetected. Eventually, Voyager's sensors detect the use of cloaking technology on board the ship, and the crew uncloaks Gegen and Veer. Frightened, Veer fires a tranquilizer dart at Chakotay, but is himself incapacitated by a phaser blast. Gegen transports back to his vessel with the unconscious Chakotay.

In Sickbay, Veer goes into protective hibernation. The Doctor discovers that Veer has evolved from Earth's dinosaurs. On the Voth ship, after Chakotay regains consciousness, he and Gegen come to similar conclusions, reasoning that the Voth's ancestors survived extinction, developed space-faring technology and left Earth. Charged with heresy by the Voth elders, Chakotay is the best proof of Gegen's theories. But before he can take Chakotay to his supporters, the U.S.S. Voyager is transported inside a massive Voth city-ship.

The crew is held captive by the Ministry of Elders, who vow to kill them all unless Gegen returns to face them. Gegen agrees to confront his accusers and Chakotay promises to help him. Since their fate is tied to Gegen's, the Voyager crew eagerly awaits the results of his hearing. Odala accuses Gegen of being a destructive influence on Voth society and orders him to disavow his claims. But Gegen refuses to back down until Odala threatens to send the crew to a detention colony. To save them, Gegen retracts his theory, resigning himself to the fact that the Voth's true heritage will remain a secret for now.

Lets give this story a happy ending and lets put our dino friends in starfleet

Archived Post 05-22-2012 08:44 AM

More Info On Them And Pictures
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Voth

Archived Post 05-22-2012 08:51 AM

Yes I remembers that episode, pity they did not do more with the Voth.
It would good to have a set of missions bringing them into STOL

Or even a film :rolleyes:

Archived Post 05-22-2012 08:57 AM

There is speculation that an upcoming FE series (or other storyline content device) will feature the Voth. I think that would be cool, as long as it was done right. I doubt they'd join Starfleet, though...

Archived Post 05-22-2012 10:56 AM

I like that idea, and why not earth is thier home they could join star fleet and such heck the federation could give them land to relocate thier people to a colony that would be a cool addition when you beam 2 earth to to go from starfleet command to a dino colony and a city build to honor thier home come to earth

Archived Post 05-22-2012 01:13 PM

I remember that episode, i also seem to remember tech wise they were way more advanced than Starfleet was, meaning if they wanted to go back they probably could have already. They also did not really like warm bloods at all, the Voth scientist was more of an outcast than anything eles.

While one day they may accept that they shared a planet with humans I dont think they would ever become part of Starfleet and share all those technological advances they have.

Not against it or anything, just think its highly unlikely that they would Join Starfleet, given their attitudes i would think its more like they would come back to liberate their birth world from them and rid it of the warm blood infestations.

Archived Post 05-22-2012 03:43 PM

Maybe some of them could settle close to Earth, but I still don't think they'd be likely to join the Federation. At least, not as they were depicted in "Distant Origin", though a lot could change in thirty years.

Archived Post 05-23-2012 05:08 AM

I think the "heresy" accusations heaped upon a scientist's "Distant Origin" theory and the fact they held Voyager hostage to blackmail him into retracting it, even though he had hard proof, is a good indicator that the Voth want nothing to do with Earth. Their leadership considered the very notion a threat to their way of life.

Archived Post 05-23-2012 08:30 AM

a good way to get them both in game and as an enemy and ally would be to have a civil war. makes sense that a group would develop with the view that earth was their home and that they should be allies with earth and the other faction sees the only way to eradicate this faction is to destroy earth

Archived Post 05-23-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalic89
a good way to get them both in game and as an enemy and ally would be to have a civil war. makes sense that a group would develop with the view that earth was their home and that they should be allies with earth and the other faction sees the only way to eradicate this faction is to destroy earth

That sounds cool! :)