Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Does PVP make you cry? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=271774)

Archived Post 05-25-2012 03:06 AM

Does PVP make you cry?

No really serious question….

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I confess when I get into a really intense dog fight in PVP – I stop blinking and then tears stream down my face. Its intense and sometimes I die because I can't see through these ****** tears...

Learn to blink right? Surely I’m not the only person that does this?

Archived Post 05-25-2012 04:06 AM

I do get into some really awesome PVP's, the proper non-premade ganking ones where you cant call the winner, but i've never had a problem with blinking lol.

Perhaps you get SO into every aspect of a fight then everything else becomes secondary? It's pretty cool but lack of blinking?

Archived Post 05-25-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 (Post 4231267)
I do get into some really awesome PVP's, the proper non-premade ganking ones where you cant call the winner, but i've never had a problem with blinking lol.

Perhaps you get SO into every aspect of a fight then everything else becomes secondary? It's pretty cool but lack of blinking?

Still able to breath though, so that's a plus right?

Archived Post 05-25-2012 04:35 AM

We could set up a PVP intervention for you? "Ducky, we've all become alittle concerned about your inability to use the most simple of motor functions while dogfighting".

Archived Post 05-25-2012 05:42 AM

ok but no hugging

Archived Post 05-25-2012 06:42 AM

After a particularly long work day and lengthy play time eye strain tends to set in. That's a pretty good sign that it's time to take a break and a nap but I don't always do as I should. Yawning fits put a bit of pressure on the tear ducts and I get all watery eyed. I did punch the door once after repeated bouts of "server not responding". I do not advise this. It hurts quite a bit.

Or are you referring to the number of times I've cried myself to sleep clutching my pillow and cursing hacking premades and broken mechanics that ruined my day? Well... I don't want to talk about it:(.

Archived Post 05-25-2012 06:56 AM

Anymore pvp for me is an excercise in nap time :p

It's why I'm playing games I'm out of practice with or weren't that hot at to start with so I can have a challenge again.

Archived Post 05-25-2012 07:24 AM

a reduced rate of blinking is a symptom for parkinsons disease. and considering the blink reflex is not a reflex rather than controlled by a part of your brain, you should ask a doctor about it, since brain injuries or tumors can influence normal brain functions

i'm really not joking. just google it...or better ask a doctor next time u see one.

Archived Post 05-25-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raudl (Post 4231416)
a reduced rate of blinking is a symptom for parkinsons disease. and considering the blink reflex is not a reflex rather than controlled by a part of your brain, you should ask a doctor about it, since brain injuries or tumors can influence normal brain functions

i'm really not joking. just google it...or better ask a doctor next time u see one.

That'll teach him to use a bugship!

Archived Post 05-25-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
No really serious question….

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I confess when I get into a really intense dog fight in PVP – I stop blinking and then tears stream down my face. Its intense and sometimes I die because I can't see through these ****** tears...

Learn to blink right? Surely I’m not the only person that does this?

Turn down the bloom settings :p