Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Match target speed... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=271897)

Archived Post 05-26-2012 11:14 AM

Match target speed...

Am I the only person who wishes this was an option or have I just missed it? I think it would be great for setting up your alpha strike.

bjoly

Archived Post 05-26-2012 11:25 AM

Never tried it but right click -> follow may work....

Archived Post 05-26-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theapparatus (Post 4232808)
Never tried it but right click -> follow may work....

follow only works if the target is friendly

Archived Post 05-29-2012 08:47 PM

Obviously, the Heisenberg Compensators in the transporters shunt the unused probability clouds through the deflector so that people looking at your ship can see where it is, but not know how fast it's going.

Archived Post 06-02-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graleron
Obviously, the Heisenberg Compensators in the transporters shunt the unused probability clouds through the deflector so that people looking at your ship can see where it is, but not know how fast it's going.

But surely we can fix that by relaying MK IV ronsenberg pulsers to their reflective matrix, thereby calculating the speed at which they are leaving their current location?

Archived Post 06-02-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakuzma (Post 4232850)
follow only works if the target is friendly

Thanks. Hadn't tried it but saw it there.

Archived Post 06-03-2012 02:25 AM

oddly you can lock a neutral for follow and stay following when it turns hostile (only managed this with the ferengi ship in war is good for business)

Archived Post 06-03-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

LOL, they can say how fast ships are going at warp...but not at impulse it seems!^^

Archived Post 06-03-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graleron

I think I have a new favorite post on the forums. You have won an internet and 10 e-cookies.

Archived Post 06-06-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks. Hadn't tried it but saw it there.
Unfortunately, 'Follow Target' and 'Match Target's Speed' (along with 'Match Target Course' and 'Orbit Target') are not options I ever expect to see them add, despite the utility of them. I would hope that they eventually get added but I'm truly not optimistic.

Cryptic are more than welcome to prove me wrong though! Pretty please with chocolate sprinkles and cherries on top!